Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Ofsted

SazzJ

Hi

I have seen a few posts that have said that Ofsted won't visit between after march until september due to the new framework being introduced

Is this correct or have a mis-interpreted the info?

And if so what area are you?

I am in the north east

It has been said a lot on the forum, but someone posted (can't remember who or when but recently) they had spoken to an inspector who had informed them the only have two days training for the EYFS so it could just be a rumour.

• 4 weeks later...

are ofsted doing this to catch us out, maybe they think we will not do all the neccessaries because of all the changes.

I would not relax thinking they are not going to come now... they might just

If you check out the inspection reports section on the Ofsted website (which i do quite frequently - sad i know!!), you will see that they have already added 444 inspections today that have been carried out over the past week.

Normally approx 100 inspections get added each day, so it appears they are inspecting more settings than ever!!

If you check out the inspection reports section on the Ofsted website (which i do quite frequently - sad i know!!), you will see that they have already added 444 inspections today that have been carried out over the past week.

Normally approx 100 inspections get added each day, so it appears they are inspecting more settings than ever!!

I suspect they'll want to clear the backlog they have before the new EYFS comes in so they are starting from a clear slate so to speak. If you haven't had an inspection for a long time I would work on the assumption that they will be coming this term for definite. :o

We thought that OFSTED were knocking on the door about 1/2 hour into the session. Luckly it turned out to be a parent who kindly though hand in their fees and let us know about why their child had not come in.

I just hope that OFSTED do turn up yet. I still have the operational plan to organised and printed out fully. I can imagane with a new registed person and preschool manager that they will turn up in May, although it would not supirse me if they turn up while I am on my holiday in June (I have 4 weeks holidays, 1 week spring bank, 1 extra week then 2 weeks on holidays) its all fun fun fun at the moment.

Beth

The new financial year started on Monday (7th) so maybe they are rushing through some they couldn't do at the end of the last financial year because the budget was spent.Now they have money for the overtime!!

I think they are more likely to inspect less in sept/oct when its all 'new' in settings.After October half term they will feel we should have implimented it and return it a venegence!

Edited by Guest

Met my inspector at the checkouts in Sainsbury's yesterday, lol! Asked her and she said March was the end of the 3 year inspection cycle and they had to get everyone done. She also said they had started their EYFS training and the next instalment is in June, plus she has to get her dissertation done by then. I think they are trying hard to get all inspectors to have an Early Years degree asap.

Hi

I have seen a few posts that have said that Ofsted won't visit between after march until september due to the new framework being introduced

Is this correct or have a mis-interpreted the info?

And if so what area are you?

I am in the north east

Hi just joined the forum and noted your question about whether Ofsted visit after March.Ofsted visited Friday morning and all day today, well thank god thats over.So not sure if that is an answer to your question or whether its because i am in Birmingham, have a few challenges to make i think when we get feedback on Friday.Just do all you can in preperation as we wasn't quite prepared paper work wise and although we asked for an inspection as we have never had a combined it still came as a shock when they rung the bell and announced she was from ofsted.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Welcome from me too. I am in the North East as well. Have Ofsted coming for a registration visit on Tuesday. Wish me luck

Guest lesboyle

Just thought I'd clarify.... The inspections for the last cycle should have all been completed by the end of March although there may be a few left to do in the South. However, Ofsted are still inspecting - they have to complete all the post registration inspections before the new cycle in September which means that in some areas it will seem like there is more inspections taking place. There is significant training taking place, but that shouldnt disrupt too much and if you are due one it is more than likely to take place. Sorry - dont shoot the messenger!

Lesley

Just thought I'd clarify.... The inspections for the last cycle should have all been completed by the end of March although there may be a few left to do in the South. However, Ofsted are still inspecting - they have to complete all the post registration inspections before the new cycle in September which means that in some areas it will seem like there is more inspections taking place. There is significant training taking place, but that shouldnt disrupt too much and if you are due one it is more than likely to take place. Sorry - dont shoot the messenger!

Lesley

Thanks for the information, although I haven't a clue how they will do ours both the chair person and myself need to do a suitabilty interview and we are due an inspection around July time.

I am wondering weiather they would just do the suitablity interview and do an inspection later? OFSTED inspection is really starting to stress me out, we seem to be lacking in the 'paperwork department' along with a new staff team 3 of which are still waiting to start the NVQ in childcare. One good thing is that I am doing monthy SEFs to evaluate what needs improving hoping Junes will be a lot better and previous ones.

Beth

Guest lesboyle

Hi Beth

They will most probably do your SPI at the same time, but it really depends on the inspector. Dont worry too much about the paperwork, (unless you are aiming for an outstanding). They will be looking primarily at the impact on the children and as long as you are meeting the regulations you should be fine. Good luck

Lesley

Hi Beth

They will most probably do your SPI at the same time, but it really depends on the inspector. Dont worry too much about the paperwork, (unless you are aiming for an outstanding). They will be looking primarily at the impact on the children and as long as you are meeting the regulations you should be fine. Good luck

Lesley

Thanks for the information, I will be glad when everything is over. I hope our pre-school development plans have arrived before OFSTED turn up, as this is our action plan for pre-school. I will be happy with a sacifactiory (sp) or above then we will have something to work towards for our next one.

Beth