Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Competition

ok guys,

a little competition (am only doing this as think it may promp Ofsted - sick of waiting)

We had an inspection on 29th March 2004................

got a very good outcome in everything................... still waiting for out next visit, staff and committee really fed up now as have been told they wont come after march as will be in training for sept! (dont know how true this is but our EY have been told the same)

So who has been waiting longer than this !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(:(:o :wacko: :(xD

So who has been waiting longer than this !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(:(:o :wacko: :(xD

My mummy used to tell me that everything comes to (s)he who waits!

Maz

Haven't got a crystal ball right now, but after tonight's programme are you really sure you want them to come? They'll be primed to go over everything with a fine tooth comb - not that I didn't think they did anyway :(

The tried and trusted way is to put up every Ofsted poster you can find - you could also make up some sort of fabulous Ofsted display, stick it in the main window/main door and it might act like a magnet as those posters certainly send out some sort of message! :o An Inspector might pick it up on their radar! xD

Good luck for whenever it happens!

we waited 4yrs 3mnths - our inspector told us that all inspections (prior to the EYFS) should be completed before the end of March of this year!

4 years 4 months for us and told the same that all had to be done before the end of March, I am predicting next Wednesday for the big day!! :( :wacko: xD:oxD

I really enjoyed the sessions they came to us because I was so relieved that they had finally came and I was sooo prepared!!

I kept wanting to say "look at this and oh look what we've done here" - I prob drove them mad!! :rolleyes: :(:(

Edited by Guest

On the Ofsted site you can read about what an inspection should be and how an inspector makes decisions. An Ofsted display isnt a bad idea. :o

Good luck for when they arrive Hali xD

Guest Wolfie

I too have been told no inspections between March and September - but presumably they'll still be doing new registrations, variations, etc.

I have heard that too - hopefully newly regsisted settings will still have an inspection as I would not like to think that a setting that as been open since Sept 07 had no OFSTED inspections for a year.

Beth

I am new to our school but they have been waiting over 4 years, getting close to 4 1/2 so does that include school too? :o ever hopeful me I don't want them to come yet.

to set the record straight i asked our nice inspector today - inspections will still be taking place during this period - inspectors only have 2 lots of 2 day training between march and sept - sorry xxx

Guest Wolfie

Well actually I feel quite relieved about that, I didn't like the idea of nothing being inspected for 6 months and wondered how they could justify it!

Phew I am glad about that too, I wouldn't like to think about what could happen with no inspections for 6 months. :o

Well I better make sure that I am upto speed on everything I need to know for my new job.

<wanders off to find the necessary information to do with sessional preschool> xD

Beth

we were 4yrs,4 months :o were told there is no such thing as 'over due'. Things bump you up computerised list, such as complaints, change of management etc. Also told that inspectors have a list of allocated settings/childminders that have to be inspected within a deadline and it's upto the inspector themself what order they go in!

ummm disagree as the longer you are overdue the more you get bumped up the list...

our inspecter said we have been flagged for months (got a very good almost 4 yrs ago) but other settings who are more urgent get in the way....

but the longer you are overdue a visit the higher up the list u go!!!! :o

she said think yourselves lucky u got re inspected beofre sept!!!!! ummmmmmm xD

we were 4yrs,4 months :o were told there is no such thing as 'over due'. Things bump you up computerised list, such as complaints, change of management etc. Also told that inspectors have a list of allocated settings/childminders that have to be inspected within a deadline and it's upto the inspector themself what order they go in!

There's a document somewhere on the ofsted website that tells you the trigger points for an inspection - very useful to know. I've had two resignations in the last couple of weeks so I'm probably very likely to get an inspection before September xD

Maz

Hello, I'm new to this forum but very long in the tooth when it comes to childcare :o

We opened a new nursery setting in March 2004 with 23 children on roll and 5 staff. We actualy registered for 120 children and proceded to grow rapidly.

By the time Ofsted bothered to come back (JAN 2008!!!!!!!) we had 140 children (this includes part time) and 36 staff!!!!!

When I asked the inspector why we hadnt been inspected for such a long time even though they knew our numbers had grown so much I was told that if we had been found inadiquate it would have been Ofsteds failing!

Thankfully we got a good but after watching Whistleblower I'm now not sure that that is even worth being proud of xD

Welcome to the forum and thanks for your first post. Well done on your good - obviously you have a lot of parents who would agree which is why you have grown so rapidly. It is quite shocking to think that a group could be operating for this length of time and with this number of children without having been inspected at all!

Guest Wolfie

I have to agree, that really is shocking - but well done on your Good and, as Beau says, you must be doing a good job to have grown so much! :o

we got inspected last week and we were last inspected when we registered in nov 04

the inspecter told us that she was told to do us on the day and was not expecting this. she did how ever say that all inspections will be dun for march 31st and no more taking place till september 08 when EYFS comes in, she also said everybody will be put into it again and we could be inspected again form sept 08

oh by the way we got good for 4 areas and outstanding for positive contribution with some outstanding practice going on

well finally got our report so can now shout (for those that didnt guess)

we got OUTSTANDING in all areas..... :(xD:( :rolleyes: :wacko: :unsure:

Thank you so much to all of you for ideas and contributions :oxD:(

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)