Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Nursery Manager Role?

I don't want to say much at the moment due to some things I have been told. :o

Could someone please give me a good indication of what the role of the nursery manager is?

I was asked about financial practice experieience, aggghhhh I am a bit lost at this bit due to lack of information given. What does this mean?

I have to look at the job description, ofsted report etc and see what changes I could make in that role.

Thanks for reading. xD

Beth

Counsellor, cleaner, debt collector, nurse, shopper, cook, kitchen assistant, laundry assistant, computer programmer, training provider, referee, secretary, encylopedia, odd job man and many many more roles. Basically as a manager you are expected to do absolutely anything within the setting that needs doing.

all things as mentioned, and ensuring that all staff follow and keep to the standards. and follow policies of the setting, placements and staff ratios, and juggling all this in one hand while planning observing and enjoyng the reason you started the job..playing with the children..in the other.

but if it mentions financial experience it may also include fees, bills, budgets ,forcasting, petty cash etc

Inge

I have recived the job descripion and had a quick look. The role is Nursery Business Manager but looks very much like a Nursery Manager role at first glance. The post sound very interesting and a challenging role to take on.

Beth

I had a quick call from the agency who said that the director would like to meet me next week. I have to speak futher with the agency to find out more information etc. At college today one of my friends said that it would be strange if I managed to get a mangers type role, especially as I cannot secure an nursery nurse role. I will see how it goes.

I am concern about if they ask me about supply for such a long time, not sure what to say to that?

Beth

At college today one of my friends said that it would be strange if I managed to get a mangers type role, especially as I cannot secure an nursery nurse role.

I hope this was said in a more constructive way than it looks written down, Beth!

Only you know whether you feel confident applying for the role as offered - if you have reviewed the criteria and realistically appraised your qualities and skills and have decided to go for it then have confidence in yourself. If the person hiring wants to talk to you then you should have even more confidence - they aren't going to waste time on people they aren't interested in!

Good luck - let us know how things go!

Maz

Well I went for the interview, what can I say ummm it sounds like more of a manager role where you do accounts etc than an acutal running the nursery in the usaual way. Its not really what I want to do right now, maybe in a couple of years.

Now if only someone could give me a chance as I think the biggest problem is why I am doing supply work. Oh I am fed up of constant no's and I think that this may be the biggest problem of why haven't I got a perminate job. I am giving it until the end of year 2 FD then I may just give up all together I cannot carry on like this.

Beth