Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Happy Mother's Day

mundia

Whatever you are doing, I hope you are being spoilt rotten!

Im busy packing up the house (moving next week), but my daughter is making banana pancakes for breakfast. Then its more boxes for me I'm afraid...

yum pancakes but the bananas you can keep :(

I'm up-dishwasher on-load in dryer-kitchen tidied-oven on for full cooked breakfast(hoping)-iron warming up for the shirts....

but everyone else is in bed!!!! xD

but its quiet (despite the wind), the coffees strong and there are no interuptions to my thought process while I browse the forum....perfect....so

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY :o

Happy Mothering Sunday all, and mothers or not I expect everyone on here does some 'mothering' with us all beging early years people.

So far: a card from my hubby, a card from my daughter, but as usual nothing from my two sons, who will remember sometime today and send me an email! I may possibly get a card tomorrow, but it was hard enough for them to remember my birthday last week. :o I'll get some daffodils when I go to church though.

Have a lovely day everyone.

Happy Mother's Day to all of us.

I'm mothering/nursing one of my daughters today who is poorly.

I have recieved lots of hugs and kisses, flowers, a lovely hand-made card with a teabag inside and some alcoholic chocolates (hubby says this is the only way to stop the children from nicking them!!!) lol

I wish you all a lovely peaceful day!

:o

My son has aspergers so totally ignored it- why do i need to bother - it is just a commercial event geared to make us spend money. He is 17. My daughter gave me stardust- bless! so sweet. I did get a cuppa tea in bed from hubby.

Off to a Christening now!!!

Happy mother's day one and all

HAPPY MOTHERING SUNDAY

A bit about Mothers day....HERE

I am just taking a few moments to remember the 1st day I became a Mother (only Son), after the initial shock.....FANTASTIC, What would I do without him, even though he has outstayed his nurturing years by still being at home at age 24 yrs :o.

Also remembering when I first became a step Mum to my eldest, both now with families of their own.

A bit of an emotional (and for the younger ones - confusing) day for my four Foster children, but also a day to reinforce parental bonds here. They will be phoning their Mum later ( I can't begin to imagine what today feels like for her :( ) but before that, visits to mine and hubby's mums bearing gifts and hugs. xD

I also live near Canterbury, where many visit our Mother Church, Canterbury Cathedral.

Peggy

I feel very luck today! I am writing this after only just being woken up from a grand mothers day lay in! I await my breakfast in bed. Pancakes (no bananas!!) I will continue my day being spoiled rotten, call my mum later and bask in the love of my family.

The luckiest girl alive!!

Hope everyone else enjoys their day!

Shiny

Happy mother's day.....had lovely cards, smellies and flowers..(no chocs...on a diet!) Off to watch youngest son play football in about 15 mins.

Had lovely cooked meal last night round in-laws and gathering wtih family.

Been thinking about all the mum's from nursery opening their cards this morning their little ones have made...hope they like them are as pleased as the children were when making them....their little face lit up with their finished cards and couldn't help but show each member of staff their creation....bless.

have a good day everyone.

thank you same to you too :(

i am feeling really weird cos i havent got round to telling you all yet but my last 2 sons left the family home 2 weeks ago. it was a case of my youngest (19 next week) got opportunity to move in with a pal in house share. Not happy cos i think hes too young!! but any way :wacko: And that made my eldest whos 28 this year finally take the plunge and move in with his girlfriend!! :(

lots of adjusting to do for OH and I as we have always had kids!!! never been on our own before. and I was looking forward to this time i will admit. Unfortunatly his idea of adjusting is not mine!!! if you get what I mean!! xD:o:( so it has caused serieos probs but i think we have sorted it for now!!

Anyway I have been up at crack of dawn cleaning house doing chores getting ready for whatever they have in store for me!! heard from eldest so far. Going to see my mum who I am in contact with after 5 years (dont ask!!) too so really weird emotional time somehow xD

Thanks mundia, happy Mothers day to all xD

I've been up and doing for 3 hours, hubby's fishing and lads have only just surfaced. They do make the house look a mess!! Dragging round like neandethals, grunting and a staring into space. Bless 'em. :o:(

Chocolates, a new mug, a DVD and flowers.

Off to my mom's now :(

happy mothers day to all. I had my grandchildren over night when I took them back I got a lovely bunch of flowers from my youngest son who lives with my daughter. My lovely daughter bought me a super top and invited myself and OH for lunch. which is so nice as she has only 4 weeks left of her pregnancy with her 5th child, I promise to do all the washing up. Then my eldest son brought me some super chocs which I will enjoy after just finnishing 3hrs of sorting cupboards out at work.

hope everyone has a lovely relaxing time.

sue

Happy Mothering Sunday to all.

Mixed emotions for me today as it is the first year without my mum and the first year without one or both of our sons around. One in Essex, one in Kent and us in Dorset. Two lovely cards though, and a phone call from eldest - the youngest is phoning this evening.

Hope the move goes well Mundia.

Happy Mothers Day to you all too! Yesterday I had a phone call from my eldest daughter (19) who was busy making deliveries from the florists where she has a job. They've been so busy making up orders they had to rent a village hall and some hire vehicles to do the deliveries. She was feeling really stressed trying to find addresses all over the county... 'I can't drive, read the map and look for the house numbers' followed by those wonderful but rarely heard words 'I NEED YOU!!!'. Of course I dropped everything and spent a lovely afternoon touring parts of our county I had never heard of let alone seen! We had a fab time together too, had just cause to visit houses you only see on telly or dream about, and to top it all we saw a barn owl sat on a hedge in broad daylight!!!

When she eventually got home at the end of her day I asked what the shop had said about me helping her.... 'What? Oh, I never told them, silly!'.

Still, its definitely one of those afternoons which I will put in the mum's memory bank and think about in years to come! And probably next week cos she's off travelling around Europe for 3 months........

Can you hear me clucking already??

Guest MaryEMac

Happy Mothering Sunday to you all. I spent the morning till 9 am reading in bed, then my son came with his children bringing some chocolates and a book. My daughter gave me flowers yesterday but produced some Thorntons chocolate bars this morning. Then me and OH took some flowers to my mum's grave and then to put some on his mum's grave. Then it was home for lunch and after that my daugher coloured my hair because the white was really starting to shine through. :o The rest of the day is mine to do with as I please.

Mary

Happy Mothering Sunday to all you mums out there (I not one yet).

My mum ended up getting up before me so I had to sneak out with dad to get her flowers, that I was going to order/buy during the week from the florests as she deseved a deseant bunch of flowers for spending her money on me while I have been out of work. Then we went for dads mum my gran to take her out for lunch. Bless her she is 90 in November but she can talk for ever and a day. We went up to a fish and chip shop near Leeds/Bradford airport (saw a few plane so I'm happy) all us ladies got a bunch of daffodils! Then we went for a drive, saw some nice countryside and nearly ran over a couple of phesents the second one we nearly hit resulting in me hurting my leg sat in the back. So dad's drop mum and me off while he takes gran back home.

Beth

ahh thanks , happy mothers day to you all too....

mixed day for me too, hubby bought me a cuppa in bed...then i got up to usual cleaning , ironing, food prep for sunday lunch for pauls mum, nan and aunt.......kiddies still in bed!!! (as i told hubby they are teenagers now!!!!)

did feel a bit strange though first without my mum who is now in cyprus!!!!!! but hey hooo :o