Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

New Eyfs Document

Should all the schools have been sent the copy of the new EYFS document by now?

Is it ok to dip in and out of letters and sounds or should it be followed exactly? Oops two different questions.

Hi Ger

You should have had a copy of the EYFS document by now. It doesn't give you much time before September. You can order them from DCFS (if that's what it is now??)

Which phase of letters and sounds will you be using? If it's phase one you can dip into it as you please as long as you give each of the first 6 areas equal cover. We were told at our training on Wednesday that aspect 7 should mainly be used in the term before the children go to school.

Linda

I think schools got sent EYFS doc but not PVIs but could be remembering letters and sounds! Letters and sounds like any phonics programme should be used with "fidelity" ie all classes in a school should follow the programme through and you should follow the pace and progression of the thing from F2 to end of KS1. OR do the same with whichever chosen programme your school/setting adopts as "the one". It was the pick and mix approach to phonics teaching that Jim Rose identified as a key issue with the standards of children's reading/writing outcomes.

Cx

Edited by catma

We had to order our EYFS documents ourselves, so if you haven't ordered it yet, you need to.

They are currently only sending out one copy as there is a reprint coming which corrects the colour errors on some of the cards

I'm busy downloading the practice guidance for the EYFS -is this the document to follow? I'm confused as there's the statutory guidance too. Also do I need to print off the cards that go with it or can I just look on the internet when I need to refer to them? Just wondering if anyone uses them before I waste any ink

Edited by Guest

Yes, don't waste your inks until the new version comes out - I think it's the colourful cards that had some of the errors on them! :o

I'm now using EYFS across the whole 0-5 age group, having been inspected recently - I've been implementing some changes and it seemed silly to use B23 and FS only to have to change it again in the summer.

Edited by Wolfie

I have recently visited a number of settings who are already using the EYFS to plan and had OFSTED and been fine. In most case they have been complemented on being ahead of the game. Now id a good time to start reviewing your practice and a good time to start to think about changes you may wish to make, where you have time to review and reflect before September,.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)