Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Happy 5th Birthday Fsf

peggy i can answer that have to split my time between here and my husbands parrot forum - cant get any more doo lally than that!!!! :oxD :rolleyes: xD

and if i couldnt be here would have to spend all my time there (o its a good excuse!!! :(:(:( )

thank goodness for fsf :wacko:

1/ What would you do if the forum wasn't here? ( doesn't bear thinking about)

2/ Where did you work when you first joined the forum, do you still work in the same place?

3/ Why is the forum soooooooo addictive?

4/ When do you log in.......?

5/ How did we survive without the forum?

6/ If we didn't have the forum, how would we keep up to date with EY issues?

1/ Answer first time when I'm spoken to!!!

2/ Worked at playgroup. I left to be a 'stay at home mom', with meals cooked and housework done, but I nearly died of boredom, so now I'm with an agency and in lots of varied settings.

3/Because even with going to so many varied settings, people who really love being with children and who have their best interests at heart are few and far between. The FSF has them all.

4/I log in as and when I can. Dont always post and have been known to be 'annonymous', but always find something interesting to read.

5/Before the forum I relied on EY advisers and struggled!

6/Without the FSF I wouldnt find out anything. As supply I dont get to go to staff meetings, be involved with EY advisers or get to train. The FSF is my lifeline to all things current (with occassional links to some past topics)

:o

Well I guess today will be as good a day as any to post my first message. Hello to everyone and happy birthday... Oh and happy valentines day.

Phil :o

Welcome Hammered!

Good day to make your first post (I wonder if either of my right hand persons will do the same - YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!)

Maz

3. Cos friends are important

4. on and off while at home mainly evenings

5. i probably read more oh and talked on the phone (oh happy about that)

6. would have to join another one Im afraid

Now come on Hali, do your homework :(

MUNDIA GAVE US THAT INFO EARLIER, 423 POSTS.

I think it was achieved on Red Nose Day. xD

Peggy

Hali ALWAYS does her homework!

Did she mean the longest post though (as in the post with the largest number of words?) rather than the longest thread?

I am the founder member of the 'awkward squad', after all... :o

Maz

There are sooo many things I should be doing instead - one look round my house and garden would give you a clue!

2/ Where did you work when you first joined the forum, do you still work in the same place?

I joined because I was moving from being a childminder to running the playgroup and had absolutely no idea what I was letting myself in for! Officially I am still employed by the playgroup until after tomorrow........

Because the people are so friendly and welcoming and there is so much to read about

Whenever I happen to pass the computer.........

In blissful ignorance?

And more to the point where would we go for all that support and words of wisdom from all the lovely folk on here, not to mention the comic asides from Maz. :o

1/ What would you do if the forum wasn't here?

1/ Watching boring television.

2/ On supply and still on supply, just can't seem to get a permiant job!

3/ because it is and also soo informative and fun.

4/ Daily to try and keep up with the posts.

5/ ummm ??????

6/ struggle with early years mags and other forums.

Beth

Hali ALWAYS does her homework!

Did she mean the longest post though (as in the post with the largest number of words?) rather than the longest thread?

I am the founder member of the 'awkward squad', after all... :o

Maz

The longest thread was in the FSF quiz that we masterminded last year for Children in need (and as official forum anorak, I do hope that is correct!!). The longest post however is something else, I don't know if its possible to work that one out but I do suspect that Peggy would have been the culprit....

1/ What would you do if the forum wasn't here? play endless games of scrabulous on facebook or mahjong (well I'd have to find something to help me avoid the housework!2/ Where did you work when you first joined the forum, do you still work in the same place? yes, but now I own my nursery rather than just supervise it

3/ Why is the forum soooooooo addictive? because it is a constant source of support and amusement and quickly becomes a part of the fabric of everyday life. And you can't see people's eyes glaze over when you get on your soap box (again) and vent your spleen about the inadequacies of the world, and the sheer incompetence of 'them'

4/ When do you log in.......? Too many times in the day to be healthy.

5/ How did we survive without the forum? easily - because we didn't know it existed. Some of us even existed in between subscriptions. But we came back ..... :o

6/ If we didn't have the forum, how would we keep up to date with EY issues? by reading and attending endless meetings. And of course it would be a lot less fun!

Maz

Edited by HappyMaz

Thank you Helen and Steve and all fsf members. I know I can ask a question and get a reply straight away. Its also good getting lots of different opinions.

1. Muddled along

2. Supervisor at pre-school and still confident to continue because of all your advice

3. Just scared to miss all the good advice if i don't log in.

4. At least 3 times a day.

5. Muddled along doing my best which I felt wasn't always good enough

6. Try and find time to read educational mags.

Oh and thank you to everybody who has posted on the forum. You have, even by asking a question, helped somebody to enhance their practice. Keep on posting! Including me!

Linda

Yeah Five years of fanatastic people shareing ideas and giving children the best possible starts to their lives.

Thank you to everyone who has shared ideas, stories and supported their fellow workers.

Long may it continue.

L

1/ Pass!!

2/ Still own and manage my pre-school.

3/ Because we are all on the same wavelength.

4/ Every time I sit at my computer.

5/ We didn't!

6/ We wouldn't!

Linda