Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Eyfs Training

My 2 leaders have done a mornings training last term I did a briefing back in July

our LEA is Poole

I'm hoping for mor for all of the staff to do. life is so much easier when everybody is on the same page

Hi

Dorset LEA

Briefing session last summer

One morning session for committee and leaders

Planning and assessment courses planned for April - bound to be very popular- as we all want all staff to go on these.

LEA is Cheshire:

I am going on training on thurs, this is four lots of 3 hour sessions.

I am also going to be doing a certificate in early years foundation stage at the local college, this will run for the year.

Dawn

LEA - Somerset

Went to a briefing at a providers meeting way back in Oct/Nov and am off for 2 full day sessions at a rather posh vineyard. Can't wait!!

Everyone seems to be getting completely different training don't they.

It would seem that way Shelley-this is one of the reasons I asked the question. I was curious to find out what was being offered elsewhere. And the result has been very interesting.

Linda

We'll be interested to hear how you get on with the EYFS Certficate Dawn - there was a very long thread on here about that recently, discussing its merits!

So if the EYFS is statatory, who would be held accountable if people didnt implement it in September, citing a need to train first. Would the government blame local councils for not putting on enough training, or would councils blame government for not a allowing for the demand, either on time or funding?

I'd see it as a government issue, afterall its their baby. But you'd think the training offered would be the same considering its a country wide thing.

I couldn't agree more Rea. If the government wants to introduce new initiatives then surely they should specify the sort of training we ALL should be having. It seems very unfair that some areas seem to be giving very specific training and others aren't.

But then again we've seen the big differences in the amount each local authority pays settings for nursery funding so why should we be surprised?

Linda

Probably too late-

I'm in Cambridgeshire. Skipped the briefing as was told it was a waste of time! Had the 1st training with preschools on unique child last term. Came home with head spinning not knowing what I was doing! Today had second training just with reception teachers on positive relationships and enabling environments. This one was better- looked a bit at assessment and planning but still came home with head spinning over not having enough time to fit everything in! 3rd one in summer is on learning and development.

Thats an awful lot of money to find.

Do you think these people and others like them are in league with the government? A lot of settings wont be able to fund these courses, so wont have access to training like a government funded setting would have maybe, so therefore Ofsted could say a setting is unsatisfactory, allow them to close, and hey presto, more need for government funded settings.

I am so cynical, but the same thought occured to me when I considered all the seetings who absolutley cant offer outdoor play and who wont be able to offer 3 hours.

I've just recently changed areas and am now back in Poole. I have missed training offered and cannot seem to get on anything - I will keep trying. I have enjoyed the pack and it is well thumbed - so doing my own familiarisation.

Anyone in Poole that knows anything about whats offered please help!!

Teri

Thanks for that Wolfie, looks very interesting, I think LTL are great. Our Outdoor area is quite well developed so isn't our priority at the moment. Will get on to our Early Years Team as I'm sure that training is statutory.

THE EARLY YEARS FOUNDATION STAGE CURRICULUM... opportunities and challenges

This section of the programme has been developed to focus on the new curriculum framework for children from birth to 5 years. It provides opportunity to explore and

discuss the implications of the framework and consider how best to implement the requirements in practice for children aged 3 to 5 years.

Full Day Courses 9.30am - 3.30pm @ £105.00 (exc VAT) appropriate for Foundation Stage Co-ordinators working with children 3-5 years

Implementing the Early Years Foundation Stage - Looking Closely at Practice, with Ros Bayley, Education Consultant, Thursday 6th March ’08

Exploring Young Children’s Thinking - A Focus on Supporting their Self-Initiated Activity, with Marion Dowling, Education Consultant, Thursday 13th March ’08

Full Day Course 9.30am - 3.30pm @ £100.00 (exc VAT) appropriate for Teachers working with children 3-5 years

Exploring the Challenges of the Early Years Foundation Stage - Developing Quality Child-Initiated Learning, with Margaret Edgington, Education Consultant, Monday 25th February ’08

Full Day Courses 9.30am - 3.30pm @ £100.00 (exc VAT) appropriate for all Early Years Practitioners working with children 3-5 years

Looking Closely at the Early Years Foundation Stage - A Focus on Positive Relationships, with Sue Pearson, Education Consultant, Thursday 7th February ’08

Looking Closely at the Early Years Foundation Stage - A Focus on Enabling Environments, with Sue Pearson, Education Consultant, Tuesday 4th March ’08

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)