Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

New Year Resolution

Well yes it's that time of year again, tried to search forum for last years resolution (2006) to see if I kept to it, :o but couldn't find it ( my search facility is playing up) :(

I found 2004 - To be positive....and

I found 2005 - To be proactive...so

This year I think my resolutions will be (off the top of my head, 1st thoughts)

To spend more time with Hubby and family. :(

This is one I know I can keep now I have closed the business....and

To think through carefully before starting any new ventures, especially as to how they will affect my time with hubby and family. :( ........and the one I may not keep but would be nice if I could...

To write that book. xD

Peggy

Generally I don't make resolutions because I know I'll break them and then I'll feel bad.

Just heard a good one on the radio though - the woman said she was going to try to always have a re-usable bag so that when she goes to the supermarket she doesn't have to get another plastic one...

Maz

PS I could resolve to spend more time on the Forum - bound to succeed at that one! :o

Maz

Well yes it's that time of year again, tried to search forum for last years resolution (2006) to see if I kept to it, :o but couldn't find it ( my search facility is playing up) xD

I found it Peggy -

http://www.foundation-stage.info/forums/in...ost&p=77213

(Well I think so, anyway).

You're very consistent, I must say...

Maz

Edited by HappyMaz

Well I never seem to keep mine so am wondering if it is worth having any. If I do it will be to eat my 5 a day, keep away from chocolate, drink less wine and get more excercise! Can't you tell I'm off for blood tests for cholesterol, liver function, blood pressure, diabetes etc on Jan 22nd!

I don't really do resolutions as I've never smoked, drunk excessively or felt the real need to diet (I prefer the term healthy eating :o !) but with the impending birth of baby bunny - yep, still hanging on in there - I've resolved to be more organised and get over my low self esteem issues by attending new mums groups, buggy pushing/exercise groups and generally making new friends where I live - due to working full time and not in the area where I live, there are only a few ex-colleagues who are friends that work during the day - I need to have yummy mummy friends xD

Oh, and writing shorter sentences on the forum....

For those that can't stick to long-term resolutions, I heard a feature on the radio a few weeks ago about 'going green' and the idea was that you changed one small thing for one month, then continued that small thing and introduced something else in month two, by which time month ones 'thing' was second nature i.e. month one - using a bag for life, month two - walking to the shops once a week, month three - encouraging the children to sort out the recycling etc etc.

For those that want to be greener this year - follow this link to 'do the green thing'

:o Going to be more positive!!!!and continue with healthy eating( dieting)....although I find it hard to start eating healthy until the middle of January...you know left over chocolates.....my son's birthday, my dad's birthday.....my birthday and a close friend....these always tend to be get togethers with more food!!!!!!

Happy New Year to everyone.

Love the site and what a good idea but...the 'old thing' I do hope you weren't suggesting anything about us Grannies :o

Peggy- I was once asked to write a book about Drama and the study I did but never got around to it. What I did do was publish the practical bits on here- in instalments. So I feel that I have written my book, or the most useful part and given other practitioners the ideas to get started. I think if you put all your wonderful advice and supportive posts together you would have a book well on the way all ready.

3 years ago I made a resolution to stop smoking after a 20 a day habit of 25 years :o and I did it!!!

2 years ago I made my motto 'That's not high on my list of priorities at the moment' to help me say 'NO' when asked to take on more xD .

Last years was to cut my working week regardless of the financial effect as we would adjust/cope and spend more time working on my e-bay shop which I find creativity satisfying :( -tick to both!!!

so I'm making a resolution to lose 3 stone by next new year as I've proved to myself if I set a target I can achieve it :(

Mine is definitely to eat better - not necessarily more healthy - but just to make sure that I eat when I am at work, rather than working through and not bothering, and eat properly in the evening - even if I am tired.

Well having bought a book today entitled 'Dorset Walks' I hope to have walked all of them by this time next year. This will help me get more exercise, fresh air, time with the family away from the mundane to help keep things in perspective, and see more of beautiful Dorset. Want to drop to a size 16 too!

My resolutions are:

to walk/run the race for life,

to make more time for exercise,

be even more organised with studying, exercise, finding a job and don't leave assigments until the last minute (this week as told me that),

and have a happy and healthy 2008.

Beth

Same really...

Cut down on drinking, exercise more and yes try and resist the temptations of chocolate and ice cream!! :o

Happy New Year Everyone!

I don't normally make resolutions...........but if I did it would be:-

To get myself organised and study properly with absolutely no interruptions from children/husband.

To make time for myself to do simple things like eat breakfast without making kids lunches or emptying dishwasher at the same time and to eat lunch sitting down rather than at computer doing paperwork for work.

I know we invented multi-tasking but this really takes the biscuit! xD

My third one would be to persevere and stick to food optimising with slimming world. I've been going for a few months now and still can't get that last pound off to lose the first of quite a few stones.

Good luck to all of you making resolutions and a very happy new year to you all.

:o

Well having just restructured my life prior to Christmas (leaving my job to work less hours) I am going to continue in the same vain,

Family is number one and I must continue to put everything I can into being a good mum and wife,

I need to manage my time better with regard to studying and enjoy it again,

I definetly need to get myself fitter, I have always been quite fit and since last September have let that slip - feel horrible - so regular exercise,

I need to spend more time with my horses and ride more often and finally the old favourite

I must eat properly, like you Shelley I need to remember to eat and when I do make sure it is something nutritious.

Oh yes and continue to recycle and be as green as possible.

I feel exhaused just typing it all out. :o

Thanks Wolfie, shall I reward myself with a Quality Street? Seems rude not to. :oxD

Just the one? Seems rude to just stop at the one, frankly - how will the others cope with the rejection?

Maz

Edited by HappyMaz

I'm not making any resolutions I always forget what they were by the end of January. But I do intend to find a real job. My name wont then be 'agency' :(xD

No-one has actually called you that have they?? :o

Do they make you sit in the cupboard with "the student" and the "special needs" child...? :(

Maz

I've just got back from a fantastic weekend away with friends. We were all discussing our resolutions when a friend said she'd made some SMART targets. I know they sound very much like something you will have at school for the children but I think they might actually work (for me at least!).

SMART stands for

Specific

Measurable

Achievable

Realistic

Time bound

So rather than- 'To go to the gym more' my resolution is now 'To go to the gym at least twice a week until march'.

I think it might work!!

I'm eating cranberry clusters.Does that count as healthy?

They are cranberries and crunchy cornflakes dipped in milk chocolate to make the clusters.

No-one has actually called you that have they?? :o

Do they make you sit in the cupboard with "the student" and the "special needs" child...? xD

Maz

I often hear 'what will the agency be doing?', 'Where will the agency be?', 'Tell the agency to do it', 'It's ok, the agency is here'.

So, yes, I have been called that. And I dont think it's very polite. I have a name you know! And feelings! I hurt like you do! If you cut me, do I not bleed? :( :wacko:

In reality I dont take it to heart, I'm bigger than that, I just mentally stick my tongue out and blow raspberries. :(:(