Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Happy Christmas Everyone

JacquieL

Well Maz then I must have had an early night at 1.30 a.m. xD

Having the luxury of a cup of tea and checking the internet before anyone else gets up - including 1 very excited daughter. I wonder if she's sleeping in cos I let her stay up til very late???!!!! (knowing full well that she wouldn't be up too early then!!!)

Happy Christmas to everyone :o

Happy Christmas everyone. Just relaxing after clearing away the lunch things. Everyone happy with their presents including sons who still have stockings at 24 and 27.

Hope everyones had a lovely day :(

I have been really poorly :( yesterday was awful,sort of fluey,felt i was dying.Then my hubby decides to be ill too!!! So guess who was looking after who? Yes 6pm saw him tucked up on sofa with blanket and me curled up on chair in my jim jams with a big roaring fire and we were still cold!! Had to cancel our visit to the pub with our lads and girlfrends and my visit to midnight service, :wacko:

Today howver i dosed myself on flu tablets and felt a little better but hubby was bad today and after checking and feeding animals (no lambs this year)he managed a little dinner and went to bed.

The lads and i had a good time tho then they went off clay pigeon shooting and left me on my own to clear up!!

but hey it was lovely to have them all together again think it ,may be the last year,got a feeling girlfriends and even maybe wives may be part of the picture this time next year!! xD so may have to share them with in laws.

Going to have a nice soak in bath with my lovely smelly prezzies and go to bed early got to do it all over again tomo for rest of family :o

heres to the new year think I'll go away,on me own :(

ps. not even had a drink yet!!

Edited by Andreamay

Oh dear Andreamay, do hope you are feeling better soon. Like you we had our sons of 24 and 27 with us. Similarly, we keep thinking it may be the last year of four of us. It has been great to be altogether.

hope everyone had a good time and santa brought something special.

he did for me I had to do the full Christmas day bit for my daughters 4 children as she and her husband had the dreaded flu and could only get out of bed for brief intervals she is also 5 months pregnant and not well in general. We had planned to be there for the festivities along with our other son . grandad was playing on the WII (must check insurance policy for sudden heart attack) and I played with Fifis house . I didnt kill anyone with my cooking and went without a hitch normally I burn everything. today I am cream crackered and ache in evey joint its either the start of flu or i'm out of practice running a family for a day.

sue

Merry Christmas and a happy Boxing day to all. :(

We had a fantastic day, our 4 new children didn't get up until 8:30am, to find our living room full of pressies.

They were all happy with what they got, no jealousy about who got what and were even happy to take a break from unwrapping pressies whilst we took the dog for a walk. :ph34r:

Lots of remote control toys with no batteries :ph34r: , a box full of Christmas cards still waiting to be written, :ph34r: and we didn't finish unwrapping everything until 11:30am. :( The children loved their main 'family' present with lots of 'WOW, 'WHOA' and YAHOO'S' - A 28" Flat screen TV & DVD/VCR recorder ( they arrived at our home in the summer with around 50 video's and we have no video player :o ), so now we can copy them onto DVD, saving storage space. :wacko:

Hubby cooked dinner whilst I helped set up a hot wheels track, a Bratz dance studio, pumped up 2 beds, and played with the children all day. xD The children even tried their brussel sprouts to show appreciation of their dinner. xD

We ended the day all watching Pirates of the Caribbean DVD, the boys comfy on their new leather beanbags and the littlies ( as I call them) in their pump up ready beds. Then all happy and tired to bed at 10:30pm. Our Christmas day could not have been better. :rolleyes:

Today we have all the extended family visiting ( as we have 4 children now, they come to us instead of previous years we've gone to them) I am looking forward to teaching the children how to play Charades, myself and daughter's team are tipped to be the hot favourites to win as we have both done our Makaton training :( ( see E.Years training has many uses :unsure: ), then I have my preschool large whiteboard ready for a game of pictionary too. ;)

My back is killing me at the moment, due to standing most of yesterday but I have a therapist ( parent from the preschool) booked to visit tomorrow for some treatment :ph34r: , then we are off to get my new Mercede's. :ph34r: ( well not 'brand' new ) a day out of the house for the children.

Andreamay, I hope you feel better soon, and anyone else suffering the end of term illnesses we all seem to come down with.

Lots of Hot Toddy, rest and family warmth will hopefully get you all ready and fit for the New Year Celebrations. :ph34r:

Peggy

thank you :( feeling much better today just a really bad cold but looking forward to family visiting all the same. Might have a drink later too!!

Peggy your christmas sounded brilliant :o oh i do miss them being little at christmas :(

To anybody who is feeling poorly husbands and all I send my sympathy and your poor daughter Suewhit who cant even dose herself with pain killers oh dear :(

We all soldier on though dont we? Determined to enjoy christmas no matter what xD

love to all X

Well, Santa set me a new challenge - an iPod nano..... :o

As some of you may be aware, I am technologically challenged, so it should be an interesting year!

We had a lovely, quiet family day, have packed our son off to work (Panto!) amd will be relaxing quietly tonight, ready for returning to work tomorrow - Pete at 6 am, me at 7.30.

Catch you later

Sue x

Sue you will soon get used to it, just like you have with the computer/internet.

Anyway my christmas so far as been good, got lots of pressies that I wasn't expecting after being told that I was only going to get a present each from both of my parents. 2 of my presents are cat realted xD and now I am trying to figure out what to buy with my christmas money (I will add to it if needed), I keep looking at some knee length boots that will fit all shapes and sizes I feel a trip to Manchester coming on especailly with the sales.

Went to Dad's mum and older sister for christmas dinner yesterday, what a barrel of laughs :o got there lunch was nearly ready but they made too much food again. Sat and watched tv for the rest of the afternoon, inbetween opening presents.

Mangaged to get home around 8.30pm after I said I didn't want to say all day.

Today as been very quiet watching tv and dads gone to watch football. I keep thinking I will do some coursework but it's bank holiday and I made a rule that I won't work 3 days this week and 1 day next week. Tomorow on the other hand is going to be fun, my mum's 2 brothers are coming for lunch. :( Thought I will have to do some work even if they are here, need to get it done otherwise I will be in trouble.

Beth

I'm afraid I succumbed to the dreaded flu on Christmas Day (this time definitely not a hangover!) as did hubby. Had a good time on Christmas Day even though, with hubby managing to cook dinner. For once, I seemed to feel worse than him. Then Boxing Day I felt much worse and still don't feel great with a bad cough and sinusitus (anybody got any cures for sinusitus?) so had to cancel visiting our usual huge family gathering on Boxing Day. Most impressed with the family who couldn't do enough to look after me though, especially touched by my 17 year old son's help. So watched lots of TV. Managed to go for a lovely walk near the coast today though and drag myself round Tesco's for bits and pieces. Daughter now showing signs of flu so made us some watercress soup (cure all I hope), so at least I can sympathise with her.

Hope those of you who are under the weather are feeling better and everyone else keep taking the multi-vitamins!