Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

I Passed!

Just can't contain how pleased I am. :o

I passed my first Unit of my Foundation Degree.

You see, I thought of throwing in the towel after I lost the plot - my sister was diagnosed with cancer and had an immediate mastectomy followed by chemo.

Three family members then died and my mum broke her ankle -this was the final straw, so I filled in the forms for the ou to take account of my situation, but forgot to post them with the final essay! Just to add to it all, my essay got caught in the postal strike and the lady at the post office sent it 2nd class saying it made no difference (it does)!

I haven't had a letter yet, but the webpage says I have passed with 63% - I thought I'd get around 30%.

I'm over the moon x

HOWEVER - - - - - ROLL ON 2008 -I'VE HAD A BAD YEAR! xD

Well done you! Here's hoping 2008 is a much better year for you. Hope your sister recovers totally from her cancer treatment, my mum had a mastectomy and radiotherapy last year so I know what you are going through there.

Nich

xx

Wow! What a fantastic achievement - and even more so given the traumatic year you've had. You are clearly made of very strong stuff indeed!

I hope you can now relax a bit and enjoy a lovely Christmas, looking forward to a much more harmonious and even more successful 2008!

Maz

Great news, well done, getting the first unit out the way is the biggest hurdle you will have had to face, especially with such difficult personal circumstances. Well done. :o The next one will be a breeze. Sincerely sending best wishes for your sisters recovery and good health and a special wish for you to have a stress free, successful 2008.

Peggy

Congratulations, things have just GOT to get better for you, you have been through the mill.

Have a good Christmas, posts like yours certainly put my hang ups into perspective.

Thanks for sharing your success. :oxD:(

Thank you everyone for your kind thoughts and wishes.

I'm sure next year will be better, as for this Christmas I've cancelled the Turkey dinner and most of the family as it's my son's 7th Birthday. I asked him what he'd like to eat on his birthday......Buffet food! I can manage that no problem and I get time to play with the children!

Phew - I already feel relaxed about it and it's great!

x :oxD:(

Thank you everyone for your kind thoughts and wishes.

I'm sure next year will be better, as for this Christmas I've cancelled the Turkey dinner and most of the family as it's my son's 7th Birthday. I asked him what he'd like to eat on his birthday......Buffet food! I can manage that no problem and I get time to play with the children!

Phew - I already feel relaxed about it and it's great!

x xD:(:(

Hear, Hear, I bet a lot of children across the country would love a mum like you, let the children choose, isn't that what Christmas is all about, apart from the special religious story, it's about making children happy, and no brussel sprouts eh :(

Mind you, I do love my Christmas dinner ( maybe because I don't have to cook it) and every year I say we should eat it more often throughout the year, and I for one love brussel sprouts. :o

Peggy

Many congratulations i also received my results yesterday finished my FD. I at timnes found it hard enough with out the added pressure you have I take my hat off to you. Many many congratulations hope you continue to enjoy your studies

Many congratulations i also received my results yesterday finished my FD. I at timnes found it hard enough with out the added pressure you have I take my hat off to you. Many many congratulations hope you continue to enjoy your studies

Congratulations to you too, belle06! What a relief now its all over - well done. What are you going to do next then? :o

Maz

well done! :(

congrats! :wacko:

brill! :(

excellent! xD

fab! :rolleyes:

now just keep your fingers crossed for me - i have to hand in 3 assingments in jAN 08 FOR MY EARLY YEARS DEGREE and i have to start 2 of them yet !!!!!!!!!!!!! :oxD:(

excellent! xD

now just keep your fingers crossed for me - i have to hand in 3 assingments in jAN 08 FOR MY EARLY YEARS DEGREE and i have to start 2 of them yet !!!!!!!!!!!!! :oxD:(

My fingers and toes are all crossed! It's just a case of persevering. For the moment, I'm taking a year out as my hubby's just been diagnosed with a serious illness. I'm sure you'll do well, please do let us know how you do x

excellent! xD

I think this would stretch even my last-minute-merchant credentials! When in January are they due?

Maz

Hi Cirhossa1

Just wanted to join in with the congratulations. It is such a wonderful feeling when you have achieved something when other things in life can sometimes take over. Like you I had alot of things going on and still do, but some how managed to get a great result with my first assignment too, I am now just waiting for the result of E124.

Well done :o

Rosepetal

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)