Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Ofsted Arrived Yesterday!

nicki-k

We had our knock on the door at 9.05am yesterday morning. A member of staff said "an important looking lady is walking up our path" and she was right :o . Although are 3 year deadline was the end of next week our early years advisory teacher said that ofsted had upto the end of February 08 to complete the 2004 re-inspections. I had started to kid myself that it would be the other side of xmas!

Fortunately the inspector was a really nice lady xD . She asked if I wanted her to try and complete the inspection in a day or complete it over two days. I thought about this for one second and said today please. The inspection process was much more relaxing then three years ago and the day went really smoothly. I had our feedback at 3pm yesterday and although we aren't allowed to say what the outcome was I have had a big grin on my face all day :(:( .

We have started to implement the EYFS in our setting in quite a major way and I was concerned this would go against us. However the inspector said whilst she couldn't comment on it in our report because they have to work under the old framework she didn't have a problem with it. She said it showed we were proactive in moving forwards and it covered the birth to three substantially. What a relief.

We can all look forward to christmas with the children now without thinking about that knock on the door.

Fantastic Nicki - well done you!

This will also give encouragement to those who are beginning to implement the EYFS (or those thinking about it and not sure whether to if they are waiting on an inspection!).

I'm glad you did well - what a huge relief and now you can look forward to Christmas even more.

Maz

Congrats! :o Enjoy the weeks upto christmas now.

Our inspector told us that officially we shouldn't tell people about out outcome, but unofficially it would be ok to do so.

Besides, it was posted on the internet before we got our hard copy! I was not impressed xD

Our report was posted on the Ofsted website yesterday - still no hard copy tho. Anyway, we got a 'good' for our care with some outstanding features, and 'outstanding' for our nursery education!!! :oxD:(:(

She made particular comment of the fact that we have been bold and gone wholly child initiated in our setting and she said the children were very well behaved and making outstanding progress - yippee!! Recognition at last. (Also got outstanding for Leadership and Management, due mainly to you guys and your outstanding advice and help on this website, THANK YOU!!!)

Now its most definitely glitter and singing all the way to the end of term.

She made particular comment of the fact that we have been bold and gone wholly child initiated in our setting and she said the children were very well behaved and making outstanding progress - yippee!! Recognition at last. (Also got outstanding for Leadership and Management, due mainly to you guys and your outstanding advice and help on this website, THANK YOU!!!)

Now its most definitely glitter and singing all the way to the end of term.

Wow LJW that's just fantastic! Isn't it great when your courage and vision is recognised (its obviously working really well :o ). And to get an outstanding for leadership and management - just brilliant. I hope you've given yourselves a HUGE pat on the back...

Maz

Well done LJW, so great to hear your inspector gave you the choice of one or two days, now I wonder what most others would have chosen :o

The fact that child initiated leadership is recognised and valued is a great bonus too xD , but just a quick query, who gets the award for the outstanding leadership and management, is it the children for outstandingly initiating thier own play or you for letting them? :( Of course you all deserve the acolade. :(

big celebrations then eh. :(

Peggy