Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Bibliography/referencing

Hi All

I am just preparing some work and have to attach a bibliography I know I am probarly asking a silly question but what is the difference between a bibliography and referencing? Sorry I know I should probarly know this but will be honest and admit I have not got a clue how they differ. Any help would be great..

Hi,

A bibliography contains any book, journal, source of secondary research which you have used in order to support your work and also all of the books which you have quoted from in your work.

A reference list contains books, journals, source of secondary research (which you have actually quoted within the main body of your work) You do not include books which you have looked at but have not quoted from.

I would suggest that a bibliography would be better as it lists everything you have looked at. You certainly do not need both.

Does that make sense?

Hi

I'm doing the foundation degree at the moment and I have been told I have to include the references and the bibliography was optional. I'm going to do both only because I like to have everything covered.

I would definately advise you to go by what your college says. They all have very different ideas about what is necessary!!

Having said that if you complete a bibliogrpahy you will have covered both as you list all of the books etc you have used whether they have been quoted or you have just briefly looked at them.

• 1 month later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)