Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

What A Rotten Day

Rea

This morning started with my kettle breaking so I had to boil the water for morning tea in a saucepan. While I was waiting for it to boil a second time, I put a second sugar in my tea, it was like drinking syrup. :o

Got to work and had 2 children who wanted to push, hit, kick others all day. My idea of individual cages was not allowed!

And then, driving home a woman pulled across the road in my path and I had no option but to drive into her! No-one hurt, thankfully, and damage worse to her car, she couldnt open her door :(

She had the audacity to tell me not to shout at her after telling me she'd looked before pulling out. Hello, I'm a car, not scotch mist. :(

Then I get home and speak to my insurance company. They told me what would happen i.e. my car will be collected, fixed, brought back. I just happened to ask if this would cost me anything, thinking about my excess, and the woman on the phone said 'Oh, do you want to claim on her insurance?'

Well, dur! obviously.

Forgot to get anything out of the freezer for tea, so its something on toast... again. Wish someone would invent an alarm for the freezer so I dont forget every night.

On a positive note, Sam has been home all day and done all the house work I was going to do tomorrow. Bless him. xD

Poor you Rea!

My hubby had 2 accidents within a very short space of time a few years back and both times it was the other persons fault. And both times they told him that they hadn't seen him! We nicknamed him the invisible man for a while. :o

Sorry to hear about your day Rea - hope it all gets sorted for you soon.

You'll be able to put 'a new kettle' on your Christmas wish list now! xD:(:(

Totally agree with you about the freezer bit. I put stuff in there so it doesn't go off, and then when I need it 1 hour before dinner time it says those infamous words 'Thoroughly defrost before cooking!'!!

Has anyone tried those trays that you can put frozen food on and it magically defrosts it in record time???? Would be interested to know if they're any good.

Byeeeeeeeeeeee :o

Oooh, I do sympathise Rea! Big alcoholic drink for you tonight! I had me car written off in September after someone came hurtling round a bend on my side of the road. As with you, thankfully no-one hurt although my daughter and I were both very stiff and sore for a few days. However, there were no witnesses and what's REALLY annoyed me is that the bloke lied to insurance and said that I was the one on the wrong side of the road, so the claim has been split 50/50.! I know in the grand scheme of things it really doesn't matter - everyone is OK - but why can't people just tell the truth!! :oxD

what an awful day

as for an alarm to tell you to get things out of the freezer you probably already have one - your mobile phone!!!

if it has an organiser/alarm clock on it maybe you can set yourself some reminders I set all kinds of reminders -

get chips out of over,

collect kids,

got to work

I even set five minute reminders to tell the children at preschool its time the change turns on the bikes

I hope tomorrow is better for you Rea

Todays nearly over, and another day will dawn, wishing you the BEST DAY EVER tomorrow. xD

Hope you get everything sorted out, they say these things come in threes, so kettle, kids & car, you've had your quota, and three cheers for lovely hubbies, what would we do without them eh? ( no don't answer that anyone :o )

Peggy

Oooh, I do sympathise Rea! Big alcoholic drink for you tonight! I had me car written off in September after someone came hurtling round a bend on my side of the road. As with you, thankfully no-one hurt although my daughter and I were both very stiff and sore for a few days. However, there were no witnesses and what's REALLY annoyed me is that the bloke lied to insurance and said that I was the one on the wrong side of the road, so the claim has been split 50/50.! I know in the grand scheme of things it really doesn't matter - everyone is OK - but why can't people just tell the truth!! :oxD

Wolfie,

This happened to my husband on one of his accidents and the chap at the time couldn't apologise enough and said it was entirely his fault. However, he then retracted this to the insurance company and stated that my husband ran into him. Like you, with no witnesses it ended up being knock for knock. Since then we have bought disposable cameras for both cars so that if we have an accident we can take photos to prove road positioning etc.

Cooh, what a simple but brill idea, keeping a disposable camera in the car! Was just about to suggest it to my daughter who has recently got her first car :oxD but of course she's got a camera phone hasn't she? I do keep a list of questions suggested by an insurance company, and a pen in the car so that when you are all of a dither you can just follow the instructions on the paper. Not sure if its on the computer so I'll copy them and post them, maybe tomorrow.

Cooh, what a simple but brill idea, keeping a disposable camera in the car! Was just about to suggest it to my daughter who has recently got her first car :oxD but of course she's got a camera phone hasn't she? I do keep a list of questions suggested by an insurance company, and a pen in the car so that when you are all of a dither you can just follow the instructions on the paper. Not sure if its on the computer so I'll copy them and post them, maybe tomorrow.

Sorry you had a rubbish day, Rea. Like Peggy says tomorrow may be the best yet, and thank God, noone was hurt.

Rea - i am so sorry you had an awful day!! If it makes you feel any better mine was similar yesterday.

A motorbike smashed into the back of my car, I was at work and my car was parked legally, minding its own business!!! I feel terrible though cos the kid on the bike was only 16 and is in a very bad way!! I dont know when my car will be back (quite a bit of damage!) and I dont think he was insured (well, my insurance company cant seem to get hold of any details!) There was no other vehicle involved and they have no idea why he went into the back of my car!? :oxD

Take care and hope it all works out!

jx

Thanks everyone. xD Feel better now I've sounded off and had tea. :(

Found some mince in the back of the fridge (use by today!!) decided to do cottage pie, but, no cottage pie mix, and as I'm no cook I need all that sort of stuff. So I used a bit of steak seasoning I found in the cupboard (use by date, unknown) a solitary vegetable stock cube in the drawer and a big spoon of bovril.

The experimentation is why my names Rea, remember Butterfly's with Wendy Criag, couldnt cook? Her name was Ria. :wacko:

Surprisingly a really lovely dinner though. :o

Feel a bit achy already so I'm off for a bath and an early night.

Bye you lovely lot :(:(

there's something in the air, yesterday I woke up with a rash all over my face, neck and arms. SOme allergic reaction to something. But great, I have to deliver a session at the Heads update day. The person doing the other part of my slot gets stuck on the A2 in a tail back from an accident and doesn't arrive until half way through the session, but fortnately before her slot. Halfway through my bit the ict doesn't work - no sound (turns out that the sound card isn't working) So talking to HTs, whole thing falling apart and feel like crrying cos face is like the lizard womans.

STill have rash, but hopefully piriton will kick in soon.

Cxx

:o

So glad you are safe & sound Rea

Catma speedy recovery and hope its nothing major.

May tomorrow be a better day for you both and anyone else out there

mine was ok but as for a parent having some cheek to state that if he or his wife is late collecting their child that another person named would take their child home! Other parent was unaware of this arrangement! What cheek! More of an cheek as this parent has been late on two occasion and has been billed! but obviously doesn't want to pay!

Plus well a child having a bad day with behaviour one of those indiviual cages would be great not sure why we can't have them sometimes!

So definitely had a glass of wine not normally a drinker so cheers everyone to us all tonight and hoep tomorrow is a better one!

Perhaps you could both go and find your own 'cages' to sit to keep yourselves safe from the ravages of the world.

Mmm now what would I take with me into my cage? Some nice food, nice cup of earl grey and something stimulating to read. Oh and my iPod (if my daughter has left it with any battery) so I can't hear any one making demands!

Sorry to hear that you have both had such a bad time - tomorrow can only be better and it is one day nearer the weekend!

Maz

Today will be a much better day Rea. I hope you had a nice soak in the bath followed by a good nights sleep so you can appreciate the fact that you are uninjured after the accident yesterday. You'll be much better able to cope with 'them lot what need to be caged' after a good sleep. :oxD

I remember Ria in Butterflies............she was a lousy cook but had a lovely nature and was kind and thoughtful.

Enjoy your day!

:(