Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

I'm A Bad Mommy

Rea

I have promised both my lads a new duvet. Mine is feather and they complain that its softer, cuddlier, warmer and snugglier than their polyester filled ones. At £30 each they arent cheap, but I love my children and would do anything for them. Wouldnt I???

Well, the thing is, I've just seen the most wonderful little black dress and as I've been looking for just such a dress for ages, the £60 has been spent.

There, bad, bad mommy. xD

But I'll look fab at the Christmas do! :o

Sorry kids, but the duvets you wanted were out of stock and won't be back in the shops until February - honest, I tried several shops!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh! Look what mommy found in the charity shop, a beautiful little black dress - only a fiver!!

Yeah Rea, I see that working!!

:oxD:(

Sorry kids, but the duvets you wanted were out of stock and won't be back in the shops until February - honest, I tried several shops!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh! Look what mommy found in the charity shop, a beautiful little black dress - only a fiver!!

Yeah Rea, I see that working!!

I'm liking your style, dublinbay...

Maz

I have promised both my lads a new duvet. Mine is feather and they complain that its softer, cuddlier, warmer and snugglier than their polyester filled ones.

Goodness, what are they? Men or babies?? xD Appeal to their macho side - you never know if might work. :o

I have promised both my lads a new duvet. Mine is feather and they complain that its softer, cuddlier, warmer and snugglier than their polyester filled ones. At £30 each they arent cheap, but I love my children and would do anything for them. Wouldnt I???

Well, the thing is, I've just seen the most wonderful little black dress and as I've been looking for just such a dress for ages, the £60 has been spent.

There, bad, bad mommy. xD

But I'll look fab at the Christmas do! :o

No sweets or chocolate for your boys for the next two weeks then, after all you need a necklace to go with the little black dress! :(:( :wacko: xD :rolleyes: :(

I had coats over my bed when I was a child..................no duvets, no central heating in those days, just six inches of permafrost on the inside of the windows and a trip down t' garden to get to the loo.They'll live........and you'll enjoy the dress!! .....(I'd get some earrings to go with that necklace :o )

I had coats over my bed when I was a child..................no duvets, no central heating in those days, just six inches of permafrost on the inside of the windows and a trip down t' garden to get to the loo.They'll live........and you'll enjoy the dress!! .....(I'd get some earrings to go with that necklace :o )

And don' forget the new handbag - after all, what's the family allowance for if not for the little luxuries in life?

Maz

(just realised how old that makes me - when was it last called 'family allowance'?)

And don' forget the new handbag - after all, what's the family allowance for if not for the little luxuries in life?

Maz

(just realised how old that makes me - when was it last called 'family allowance'?)

don't forget the shoes - oh dear poor kids :o

Narnia, I remember the coats on the bed when I stayed at my friends and the perma-frost!!

If you lot are going to make me buy a necklace, handbag, and earings I'll need shoes too...

And I remember family allowance too xD

Looks like its chips an egg for while :o

Narnia, I remember the coats on the bed when I stayed at my friends and the perma-frost!!

If you lot are going to make me buy a necklace, handbag, and earings I'll need shoes too...

And I remember family allowance too :(

Looks like its chips an egg for while :o

chip butties would be cheaper , I have just put a roast in the oven, not that I am trying to make you feel guilty xD

When I was little my wealthy friend who lived by me also had a cottage in the country. They had an outside loo at the bottom of the garden aswell as indoor loo. When I went there I learnt that no.1's were to be done inside and no. 2's down the garden. :o

We know what you're doing!! Nah, nah, nah. xD

oh gosh family allowance! I used to have to take my little sister to the post office on Tuesdays (?) and collect the money........all eight shillings of it! With that, I had to get something for our lunch, then take both of us on the bus to the local swimming pool (about eight miles away) and we'd swim all day, until mum and dad came to collect us after they'd finished work.....and then we'd go to the cinema.Eight bob went an awful long way, back then..............and oh, how free we were!

and paraffin stoves!! I used to have to go to the local garage and buy half a gallon of paraffin at a time..........all purple and lovely smell...and the flame in the stove was always a beautiful blue.can you imagine children being allowed to buy fuel nowadys???

Back in the middle ages when my children were little and I wasn't earning my own money I used to buy all my clothes from the charity shops....................or so hubby thought! LOL

"Is that another new top", he would say. "Yes dear, a bargain for a pound in the charity shop". Worryingly, he always believed me!!

Yes Rea, I have done this many many times before!

Some great memories come back at the mention of parafin heaters. With good old lino on the bedroom floor and the parafin heater lit a half hour before we went to bed and my uncles great army coats on the bed - we were spoilt in those days. Posh too with an inside toilet!!

Now that we have you all dressed up for your Christmas 'do' Rea, we shall expect photos showing off your finery!!!

can you remember lying in bed, dreading getting up for the loo in the middle of the night in winter?? Your breath would turn to instant ice, before your feet hit the floor!! oh and the bliss of getting back into a snuggly warm bed :) :) Proper winters......now, there's a thing!

This thread has overtones of Monty Python...when I were a lad we got up before we went to bed... xD:(

The pity is, it will end up being such a drunken night that nobody will remember next day if I wore a gorgeous little black number or my socks. :o

Might look a bit more wrinkled is all :(

thats just details though Rea as long as you look stunning when you arrive..

. as for lying about spending money on clothes i do it all the time ... him indoors ... its his pet name and yes he likes it, i told him he did ... thinks every time i buy something from river island or republique that there was a sale on ... what he doesnt know .. wont hurt him ... just his wallet! :o

I remember a tin bath in front of the boiler, I was last in of the four of us, me being the youngest. :(

Parafin heaters, yes, I remember had a row with my eldest sister, she pushed me onto it and I had the most fantastic pattern blistered onto my thigh xD ( luckily didn't scar )

As for the coats, only talking about that last night as I curled up in bed freezing cold moaning at hubby for not putting the heating on. He's ex army and always says that your body warms up in no time and when he was on manouvres he always slept 'in the raw' whilst his comrades slept in their combats, but he was the one who put his clothes under his sleeping bag and had warm clothes to put on in the mornings. :o

My parents bought clothes not from charity shops, they were too expensive, I had the hand me down ( being the youngest)jumble sale clothes, remember the whole family trudging off to the jumble sale every last saturday of the month.

Rea, I think you may need a nice warm coat to go with the dress for your christmas night out. :(

Peggy

Definitly a coat. And gloves, what do you think, too much?

When I was younger my mom taught me a lesson I've relied on many a time. If you buy something expensive, knock a few quid off, they'll think you got a bargine. If it's cheap, add a few quid, dont want them to think you can always look that good for so little do you? :o

Hair will mean new makeup too.....

Bad mommy and bad wife. Deary me, where will it end xD:(:(

can you remember lying in bed, dreading getting up for the loo in the middle of the night in winter?? Your breath would turn to instant ice, before your feet hit the floor!! oh and the bliss of getting back into a snuggly warm bed :) :) Proper winters......now, there's a thing!

We had a large blue chamber pot for those middle of the night loo visits...............between four of us!!!

Ugh, we even had to take turns emptying it! :oxD:(

Have no idea where this thread is going! :(:( :wacko:

I've got a feeling that it might turn Monty Pythonish........Ha! So you had a BED did you?? In MY day, we slept on the floor and were lucky if we had ANYTHING to cover us! And our outside loo was half a mile down the road...... :o

How funny thank you I needed to have a giggle :(

When we were first married we lived in mobile home on the farm,we knew it was cold when we woke in the morn to icicles hanging from the bedroom ceiling and the duvet stuck to the wall!!! oh and if half way through taking a shower having to run outside with a kettle to defrost the gas bottle!!!! :oxD:(

Edited by Andreamay