Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Cheshire Not Re-subscribing

Just had an email to say Cheshire won't pay for subscriptions this year

Since I have a blanket policy of the children not spending money on anything to do with internet chat or games, I have to abide by this myself. So when mine runs out I'll have to go! :o

Really feel quite sad as I have got so much good information from this forum - and hope I have contributed in return

Wonder how long I've got left....

Sarahx

aw sorry to hear that, cant you make any exception! I would say that this site is bit different from chat or games! If you think of the price of early years magazine £3-4 a go and then the wealth of information on this site it is so worth paying it!! And do you kids have to know you have paid????

I'm with akire on this. If you need to list what your money goes on put it under resources. It is afterall an excellent resource and the children benefit from it. If its your own children then explain that its like a homework site :o

Wonder why Cheshire are leaving

Can't believe cheshire are not resubscribing. why is that?, i wonder if its because cheshire don't have many people that use this site?,not sure...

well, i have had one free subscription through cheshire (this one), i paid the last subscription myself and will do so for future years. this site is far too useful for me not to have it....

I hope cheshire reconsider

Dawn

Hi -

Carol, sorry, the local forums are set up as part of the LA scheme, so once the local authority scheme ends the local forum is no longer available. It's not you! :o

Everyone else, it's great to see that many Cheshire practitioners felt that the scheme is worthwhile. I'm sure you'll understand that we were grateful that they wanted to participate and fund their practitioners for the one year, so I can't recommend that you begin a campaign to get it re-instated - different years see different budget pressures.

However, if you do feel it was worthwhile, there would certainly be nothing wrong with you letting your advisers know you felt this way!

Thanks again for your comments, which are always welcome! xD

Hi Steve, thanks for your reply

If I wanted to write to someone to ask for re-investment in the scheme, are you able to point me in the right direction?

Thanks, Sarahx

Hi All mine has literally just run out with Cheshire this weekend - couldn't believe it! Can't do without this site, so have paid for it myself. Obviously Cheshire see fit to spend their money on other things??

Always wondered how much it cost for an LEA subscription - worth every penny though. I'd certainly pay for a subscripton for each of my staff if I could afford it.

I guess with each budget round comes a new set of challenges and money just gets tighter and tighter. I'm glad I'm not on the receiving end of all the emails asking why they've decided not to renew though!

Maz

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)