Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Tiredness

we have just been discussing this at work and said that when it gets to 5 o clock we just need to lay down in a dark room. :o

I think the 6 week holiday just relaxes us too much. By Christmas i might be back in the swing of working 5 days.

xD

Am reading this through drooping eyelids - lying down in a dark room sounds almost irresistible.

I'm sure its not having so much to do that makes me tired. When I'm really under stress I can manage but I can't used to this business of having no deadlines to worry about.

Can someone please remind me of this in about four weeks' time..?

Maz

I tend to thrive with deadlines too.

Yes, I feel exhausted but this is because my numbers are so low, it seems that 5 children is harder work than 15 per session. :o

The changing seasons doesn't help either, definately a chill in the air now.

I do tend to wake up at weekends though. xD:(

Shelley!, take care of your health, tired and tears, I recognise the symptoms, stress, burn-out, whatever you want to call it, think about delegating some of those stresses, have yourself some serious NO GUILT, 'you' time, totally self indulgent.

and if you're not in bed before 11pm, then go home!!! ( sorry that is such an old joke!!)

Peggy

Feeling especially tired this week....it's been a tough one! I've also hurt my back which isn't helping xD We are so busy at the moment......all my energy is being sapped by children, paperwork, housework and running my own children around. Guess that's being a mum!

Hope everyone finds some time to look after themselves.....go to bed at a sensible time and eat healthily. :o

At the end of the school year our children have got into the routine we expect to have achieved... but the beginning of the school year.... it is starting all over again, especially for the new children to follow some basic rules and get to know how things work in our settings.

Gosh yes! Came home at 2 pm yesterday and went for sleep on the sofa, so tired! Seem to be busy running round with new children, lots of paperwork, changes in planning, oh and a project to complete!

Not to mention own family. Haven't done too much today, had a bit of boogie in the kitchen whilst making son's birthday cake though, that was fun!

Take care, felt the need to take some time out today before foot back on the peddle tomorrow.

Another big yes from me, I am exhausted and keep thinking it is all my new responsiblities and back to college but I think it is just life.

I am shattered and struggling just like everyone else. Don't know if it helps to know we all feel the same - guess it does, keep going everyone, I am off to bed to read a child protection book for my next module, probably be asleep as soon as my big toe hits the duvet!! At least the 7 lunch boxes are done for tomorrow.

yes i have never felt so tired,just started the degree, been given 3 assignments already, new puppy and need to manage the pre-school, Administrator is off sick, plus a family of my own, working 5 days as well, housework etc, feel like i'm drowning and we haven't been back long!!!!!!!!

I'm always tired, so much so that I've even been for blood tests but I just need more than the average of 8 hours. I sleep so often that if someone phones for me and I'm not in eyesight, my lads automatically tell people I'm asleep!

I'm not always asleep, but I've been up since 5.10 this morning thanks to someones house alarm, so I'm already planning my next sleep.

I love my bed :o

As someone who suffers a bit from SAD [seasonal Affective Disorder in case you didn't know] I put it down in part to the decreasing light levels. I was far worse on Wednesday, when it was really gloomy,than yesterday when it was sunny. I think I'm going to get the light box out earlier this year because of the limited sunshine we had in the summer. It does seem to help, as does getting out for a walk whenever possible.

Guest MaryEMac

We are all exhausted at playgroup after such a short time back. Admittedly we have just increased our sessions, are on a deadline to finish in the afternoon, but most of all, the children are such hard work. it's not just the new children but those we have kept from last year. They won't do as requested, they have no respect for toys, books and equipment. I have had to have 3 mums in this week and to one of them I mentioned the exclusion word. I don't want to carry this out as I know that there are problems at home with dad disappearing and the little girl is finding it hard to express her emotions but she is hitting other children and then laughing at them. We are working closely with mum to try and resolve this but it makes every session stressful for me. Anyway moan over, it's the weekend and like you Rea, I love my bed.

As we are busier now than we were in July at end of term we are noticing it... children returning seem to have forgotten everything and new ones seem to be aggressive and have no respect for anything...

Suppose it does not help with so many EAL of different languages all in different stages of learning and understanding..as well as the family cultural differences......

One mum told us on seeing we ask them to sit at a table to eat that her son will never do that she dishes up his food and leaves it and he is allowed to ask for it when he wants and walks around eating it or eats it where he wants to...... first day he sat at a table (with much persuasion but explained if he wanted to eat he would have to sit down) ate with the others and did all we asked of him, in fact he really enjoys it now!!

As to being tired ...actually this year I am not as much as expected... started taking vitamin B supplements , cannot remember why now, sisters suggestion I think.. and while researching them it turns out the are supposed to help reduce tiredness , well it seems to have worked for me.....must admit though for some people it can have opposite effect!! Used my sisters light box (she has SAD) once worked a treat, did not need sleep for ages and made me slightly hyper!!

Inge

Hi great to hear that I am not alone with this exhaustion!! We have a new Head who is making so many demands and who thinks Ofsted is any minute. She is doing regular class observations which is a new thing for us ( our old Head never ventured out from her room!!). Am I the only one who hates being watched? Feel they are looking for problems. Sigh! Ah well. BTW this is the first time I have posted, although I have 'lurked' for a while!!!

Thanks Deb!

'Burning the candles at both ends' is my real problem! I was asked by the Head to devise a tracking sheet (which brought me back to this forum) and she wanted to see me on Friday to discuss it. So I was up to 12.50 am filling in bloody numbers (really not happy with having to predict where children 'should' be) and then on Friday she hadn't given me an appointment to report back to her! Well, you can imagine my reaction!! I demanded that she see me.............she responded with' oh I didn't think you would ready!!' I nearly exploded!! :o Hope you have a good weekend too!!