Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows

So, who else has finished Harry Potter's final adventure? I read it for 12 hours yesterday to finish it before anyone spoilt it for me!

wow! thats impressive going nicky! I have not read any of the harry potter books and im feeling very left out. Think i need to make it my mission for summer to read them all!

Sorry to say I have only read the first 2. How was the ending was it something you predicted, a bit disappointing or totally unexpected?

Oh I am only on chaper 6 or 7, slow at reading over here in England wish the book came out before my hoildays then I would have read it in a few hours. The book is feels really heavy to hold though.

Beth

i arrived at my child protection course yesturday to get a text from hubby saying 'it had arrived'..asked if i could go home but was told no xD then had staff do last night...have managed to get to chapter 12 so far................................. :o

My hairdresser last week told me how much she envied me!!! Why?

because i hadnt read any of the harry potter books and had it to look forward to!That along with all the hype made me think perhaps i should read them over the summer break,but not sure :o

Ohh well I wont say anything yet if not everyone has finished reading it, cos it was great to read it without anyone spoiling it for me!

I knew if I got to work on Monday and I'd not finished it then someone would spoil it by accident!

My daughter had first go and is about to finish, :( I am next, then my husband then the other older children, I have hardly seen my daughter since it arrived, she has only stopped to eat and go to the toilet! I am worried that I may do an all nighter tonight time as so limited for me it is the only way I will get it read. :oxD

Edited by Guest

Sorry folks...not read any potter books.... I never get to finish any book because reading makes me sleep.....have watched the films though.

Happy reading to you all

mrsb

Guest MaryEMac

I finished it about noon. Would normally have finished it a lot sooner but had grandchildren to stay at the weekend. I must say that I found it a little harder to get into than the earlier ones but once I did I enjoyed it. What do I d now? :o

Mary

Finished it on Sunday mornng 3.15am. Feel a little let down by ending it seemed to easy and how are they ever going to turn this one into a film when it spends so much time in a tent!!!???

Got back from Brownie holiday on Sunday afternoon (having moaned incessantly to the Brownies that my copy had been delivered on Saturday morning and that I couldn't wait to get stuck in), only to be greeted by my ten year old saying "Guess what mum?" followed by five little words that - whilst not telling me what exactly would happen - gave me a good clue as to how the whole thing would end.

I could have cried. But I did enjoy it, parts of it made me laugh out loud, others made me very sad but all the way through I kept wondering how they would turn it into a film. My daugher (who was a whole 30 hours ahead of my reading schedule) has gone back to reading the first book, and says there was a lot of referring back to the first book in Deathly Hallows, which is probably natural in trying to tie up all the loose ends.

It was a bit shocking to know that this is the first non-fiction book I've read since the last Harry Potter book launch - that's when I realise how the Foundaiton Degree has taken over my life!

So when is the next film due to be released???

Maz

all the way through I kept wondering how they would turn it into a film. My daugher (who was a whole 30 hours ahead of my reading schedule) has gone back to reading the first book, and says there was a lot of referring back to the first book in Deathly Hallows, which is probably natural in trying to tie up all the loose ends.

Maz

Film will be made much as last one...

remove all the sub plots ...... :o

(sorry sooo much removed and changed, some of which was there but a different character used than in the book) But what was used was well made with effects etc.

and all her books constantly refer back to previous ones, repeating the same in several books in a row...one if edited and remove all the referals to previous happenings would have made it easier to read and half the size! Find myself 'editing them' in my reading

BTW yes finished this one...

Inge