Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

How Many School Leavers?

How many children do you have leaving your setting to start school?

I have just been making a list ( another one!) so I'm all organised for their last day. Just counted them up and we have 26 leaving!!!!!!

Luckily for us we have near enough replaced those with new children in September but I have heard that some nursery's around our area are cutting down on staff hours because they do not have enough children. :o

Is there anyone else with this problem??

Guest Wolfie

Mrs b, I think low numbers in September is quite a common problem for a lot of settings - numbers tend to creep up during the year so that they are full to bursting by July and hoepfully financially viable again! I think a lot of settings sustain losses during that autumn term, in the knowledge that those losses will be counteracted by some profit in the summer term!

21 leaving low this year..

18 staying and 14 starting in Sept but the intake have taken up more sessions each so are doing very well for a Sept. Only afternoon sessions available now. Also have 4 due to start with Sept birthdays and already 6 booked Jan start.

this has been the first Sept we have been so busy, usually end up running at a loss and making up deficit in Summer term....not this year!

Inge

Mrs b, I think low numbers in September is quite a common problem for a lot of settings - numbers tend to creep up during the year so that they are full to bursting by July and hoepfully financially viable again! I think a lot of settings sustain losses during that autumn term, in the knowledge that those losses will be counteracted by some profit in the summer term!

Yes I know Wolfie, last year we were low on numbers and they crept up over the term.....this year fortunately for us we have only a few spaces left. I had heard though that some nurserys around the area were not so fortunate :o and staff were cutting down on hours or losing their jobs.....not something I would like to have to consider xD

Guest MaryEMac

We are losing 19 but will be starting with 25 in September with about 6 to come over the year, and that's the ones we know about.

Mary

Guest Wolfie

It sounds like everyone's doing OK for September then? I know that 2/3 years ago settings were hit very hard by what had been a drop in the birth rate nationally three years previous to THAT - hopefully we're all coming out the other side of that now. :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)