Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Had My Baby (just Forgot To Tell You All!)

Baby Iris was born on 31st May at 8.05am. She was 9lb 4oz. I didn't get the home birth I'd hoped for as I got transferred in due to bleeding which turned out to be nothing xD .

Crikey, pushing a baby out is flippin hard work isn't it?!!! I had a section with my first daughter - no one told me pushing hurt so much! Her shoulders got stuck at the end so we had a pretty scary half hour of pushing and pulling - she came out eventually though and three weeks later I'm more or less 'back to normal' if you know what I mean!!!!! :o

Now the distant memory of sleepless nights is a reality again (I'm exhausted) and life with a 2 1/2 year old and a baby is interesting! Grace loves her though, thank goodness.

Thought I'd better let you all know as I think my last post was mid contraction a few days before I had her!

Lucy

Congratulations on your new daughter Fluff! Hopefully she's settled into some sort of routine by now. 2 1/2 years is a nice gap between children- that's what I had. Try and get some rest whenever you can! Best wishes to you.

Lovely news Fluff, congratulations :oxD

To help with the exhaustion I read a book many years ago which said 'when people come to see the new baby and ask if there's anything they can do to help, say yes'.

If they didnt mean they shouldnt have offered! Have a list of jobs ready, washing up, washing, ironing, vacumning, strip the beds, shopping, mow the lawn, feed eveyone.... :(

Guest Wolfie

Many, many congratulations Lucy and welcome to the world Iris! xD Enjoy every minute...if you can stay awake long enough|!!! :o

Congratulations Lucy. 9lb 4oz is a pretty big weight to be pushing out! I think Rea's advice is great. Take time out for yourself (if at all possible!!)

Harricroft

Congratulations on your little one! You are lucky Grace likes her, I went round to visit my friend and her new-born today and her 3 year old asked her when she was going to take her back ! Later on she then informed me that the baby was not going to be sleeping in her room!

Again, take it easy and enjoy the time when she's tiny as much as you can xxx

Congratulations. Had been wondering how you were, and hoping everything was OK. Mind you I wouldn't have been capable of anything much more than a daily bath on top of looking after my babies so can imagine you've had your hands full.

Enjoy your bundle of joy!

That's lovely news!! Congratulations!!

Thanks for the birth story - I think I'm going to take the 'knock me on the head and get it out approach' when my time comes near Christmas - my pain threshold is soooo low.

Have a wonderful time as a bigger family!

Hee hee! I went into hospital screaming for everything possible having had no pain relief at all at home :o Unfortunately I was too far advance to have anything so ended up with just gas and air! Needless to say I'm rather proud of myself as I really was begging for an epidural!