Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Pupil Premium funding for 3-4 yr olds - consultation but important rea

catma

The criteria is different for the EYPP. We were told funded 2 years olds wouldn't automatically get it. Also it will be reviewed unlike the 2 yr old funding. They haven't quite worked it out yet, but the thinking is it will be reviewed when they are 4.

We have been given a form, which I will have to give to all parents for them to fill out about their financial situation (bit awkward I think) when we return on Monday. Our LEA has set up an online checker for us to input their info to see if the are eligible. This will create a code or number which we use to claim funding. When we have this number if applicable, or find out they aren't eligible we have to shred the sensitive document about their finances/ tax credits/benefits etc.

I have already given form out, ours had a 'not a clue' box, so many just ticked this and gave form back, so have had to check them in case to, our forms have the same benefits list as the 2 year funding checker, the eligibility checker would have been better if it just said yes or no rather 'cannot confirm at this time' :/

I have already given form out, ours had a 'not a clue' box, so many just ticked this and gave form back, so have had to check them in case to, our forms have the same benefits list as the 2 year funding checker, the eligibility checker would have been better if it just said yes or no rather 'cannot confirm at this time' :/

Did you give out the example letter on the DfE website?

Arrgghh! I was hoping that it wouldnt be down to the setting to complete the checker....more work...will wait and see what my lea decide they are going to do!

They're leaving it a bit late if it's going to be included in your summer funding :(

I have waded through my paperwork from LA. I think that if we want to claim EYPP for our eligible children its up to us to get the info from parents and send to LA to check. I assume they will inform us how much we will be entitled to and that we will decide how to use this money during the sumer term to raise outcomes for children. Remembering to record and justify for Ofsted. Oh and the best bit - we will receive this money in Sept! So I guess as a small PVI setting we probably will not be claiming. :(

I hadn't realised it was optional, but it isn't fair expecting settings to spend out before getting the extra funding, a couple of my eligible ones will only be with us for half a term before leaving for school, maybe I could buy them some school uniform as they really don't have a specific need for anything different to what we already have.

Depends where you are I think. Our LEA said some children will receive funding automatically if they come from another setting. Its up to us to claim. (This is not a choice, we now have to provide for disadvantaged children) and we have been told they are reviewing how to get money to us quicker so we can use it.

Remember, county have the details already for funded children, so they will know who is eligible on their data base and if you receive money, you need to provide the support.

Remember, county have the details already for funded children, so they will know who is eligible on their data base and if you receive money, you need to provide the support.

Which just makes it even more pointless that we're having to chase parents and check claims when they already know who is entitled .....why don't they just tell us :/

Edited by Mouseketeer
  • Like 2

Hi Mouseketeer

I was asking because we are in a village hall with no internet connection, so if we were to go ahead with this, it would have to be done on my home computer-would this be acceptable?

Cheers M

Its unbelievable really that its the 12th April and this came into effect on the 1st April? We all have different ideas of how we think it might or should work, but yet again it sounds like each county is going to do it in a different way. Is it compulsory? What can we use the money for? The only consistent thing is it sounds as though we will all get the same hourly rate - 0.53p? I am going back to work after 2 weeks off even more confused than before??? :unsure: :unsure:

Note to self - Just go with the flow! :rolleyes:

• Like 3

This is our time scale we have to work to for P P funding. Quite a quick turn around to get the forms out and returned by parents. We are told to give all parents the form, even though we have a rough idea who will be eligible, so for those settings who have a lot of children it could be-1. A waste of ink printing forms off and 2. Getting them back in time for you to start checking?

2015 03 18 Process for PVI Settings - for settings (1).docx

Edited by manor

We won't have any I'm pretty sure but I do have 1 funded 2 year old - does it seem to follow that if they get 2yr funding they will be eligible?

Hi criteria unfortunately is not the same for eyp and funded 2YO. For eyp they follow same criteria as free school meals - so parents receiving wtc aren't elegible whereas they are eligible for funded 2 place. It just makes the matter more confusing but then again what's simple..

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/323495/EY_Funding_ConDoc_-Branded_final_with_foreword.pdf

I particularly like this point:

5.1 To have the biggest impact, arrangements for the Early Years Pupil Premium must be clear, simple and consistent...uuummm

I'm still confused about whether children not attending 15hrs a week by parental choice are entitled to claim it, this says they have to be, yet my county info doesn't mention it :/

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)