Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

First Day, New Job!

Just wanted to share with my forum friends.....I started my new job today as preschool leader for a small local nursery....WOW you all know what it's like, new ways of doing things, ideas popping up every where you look, yet another format for planning!!!!!!!!! I can't stop thinking about it all...mind boggling!

I need to just go with the flow for now as it is so near to the end of the school year, for the children's sake and the staff, so it's a matter of getting to know staff, routines and starting to think about implementing little bit's of me in September and new planning format's.

On the whole a good first day, staff seem lovely and children are amazing wherever you go aren't they?

Both welcomed me and I feel it will be a good move for me, I feel so excited and enthusiastic which I am hoping is a good thing - I just ask one thing of you all - don't find this post in six months time and remind me of it when I am moaning and groaning about the workload, I know it will be like that at times - part and parcel of the job - at least I am in good company when I need to moan and groan.

I will keep you all informed, I am still actively reading the posts and keeping up to date with all of you - just don't always have much time to respond or add my twopenneth, keep on posting all of you this is a lifeline.

First year of the degree done :oxD - how did that happen!

Guest Wolfie

It all sounds really good Shirel...I bet your head is just spinning tonight! Like you say, enjoy yourself and give yourself time to settle in and "learn the ropes" so to speak for what is left of this term - it's really important to get all your relationships right, with staff, parents, etc., before starting on any minor or major changes that you'd like to make. Don't underestimate the amount of time you need to devote to building those relationships! :o

Pour yourself a big glass of something tonight - you deserve it! So pleased for you that it's gone well! xD

Congrats shirel and hope it continues! Enjoy, not long to the summer break now, and then you can get stuck in in September.

Linda

It's nice to hear from you Shirel, your new job sounds good. Hope you settle in quickly - at least it's not long until the summer holidays.

That's brill Shirel - I am so pleased for you. All the rubbish things that have happened to you have obviously been for a reason, as they've made you end up here - well done you!

I've just spent a good 6 weeks getting to know the staff and how they work - and it has been time well spent. My brain is bursting with changes/ things to develop... but I have certainly learnt from my last job, that everything takes time!!

How lovely to hear you so positive after your first day in the new job. I can only echo what everyone else has said. Congratulations on reaching the end of the first year of the degree, too! Its all happening for you at once. Enjoy!

Maz