Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Fantastic Book Sale

[

Am sure lots of you will know about the fantastic scholastic warehouse sales that take place each term but thought I would post in case there was anyone who doesn't. I went after school tonight and got £208 of books for £32! Loads of teacher resource books and millions of childrens' pic books and novels for older children. Well worth a visit if in your area - the lady didn't even add my totals up (would've been about £50 if she had), she just shoved them in a cardboard box and said £32!

Here is the link to the site which says where the sales are:

http://www.scholastic.co.uk/sale.htm/font]

YES!!! xD

There's one near me- not that I'll be going today 'Gastonbury weather' this weekend. Something to do tomorrow inbetween report writing. :o

Thanks Ariel I didn't know they did this!

For those of you going on Sunday, remember to download your £5 off 'last day' voucher. So you'll save even more!

Maz

PS Spent a rather modest £37 - best bargains were the £15 resource books for £2 each!

Wow thanks Ariel. I had no idea they did anything like this - makes the special offers they sometimes send out in their brochures look pretty pathetic by comparison. I went along and spent £50 - though I'd worked out it was more than that - think they just knock off a bit more if you've spent a bit. Great that the titles were popular ones and not just old stuff that wasn't selling - The Gruffola's child, Winnie the witch books etc. Also bought four teacher's resource books - they were £3.50 each, but I know I've bought a couple from the same series and I'm sure they cost me £14.99. I must make a note of the next sale in December - and speak to our Head before hand to try to get some money :o

Harricroft

PS Ariel - how did you know about it? I subscribe to Child Ed and I don't think it's been mentioned in there.

Yes, I have put the date in my diary! I also bought my Brownies' christmas presents too! Not that I'm usually so organised, but 50p for a lovely little set of rubber stamps was just too irresistible! So actually, I only spent £25 on books for nursery. An even better bargain, now that I think about it!

Maz