Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Forum Software Upgrade.

Steve

Hi all -

Took a bit longer than I anticipated and a couple of heart stoppers (for me and Hotgoss at least!) but the forum should be working as normal again. :D

The appearance should only be minimally affected, and there are a number of new features, most of which you probably don't need. The main reason for doing it now is to get it out the way for the main launch in a couple of weeks time.

If you find any broken bits, can you let me know here? And I'll slowly uncross my fingers over the next couple of days...

Hali - put your photo up! :)

Hi people -

Well done for spotting the first deliberate feature!

I think I've sorted that one now. An added bonus is that if I've done it right you don't need to use your username and pw any more - it should log you into the chatroom automatically.

I've also noticed some absence of differentiation between posts. Might have to leave that till the morning. My brain is feeling the strain! :o

Sue

Hubby has helped do you have corel draw?????? xD

I had to reduce the size of my piccy which we did in corel!!! :(

It worked...sorry only have wedding pics on computer at mo..... :o

hali,

No, no corel draw - could reduce using scanner?

How to put on tho'?

Now have company, so that's that for now. Won't be back for HOURS, so don't hold your breath.

Cheers,

Sue :D

I can reduce a photo for you if you like Sue.

I stuck one up as well - to bring back memories of last summer! :o

By the way - a modification you might find useful - if you go to the bottom of the screen where the statistics are on the forum front page, you can now see who is in the chatroom. It's slightly limited in that it only updates every 5 minutes, but it gives you a good idea! :)

I'm confused. should I be able to see photos of you, steve and of Hali?

'cos it loooks the same to me?!

I couldn't get a post to display earlier and now I see it posted twice!

me or you? (in Happy Birthday Abby).

well done anyway Steve.

Susan

The photos are great!! Don't you find it disconcerting though to find the person you've been chatting to isn't at all how you imagined they'd be? What happened to the beard Steve? I really thought you were Gandalf! :D Must have a go at this myself soon. :o

Hey all!

Boy, am I glad I didn't choose some glamourpuss as my avatar - what a let down! xD

Thanks for the offer, Steve, but just first off I'd like to try myself. I'm a bit of a berk with this computer stuff, so am trying to be independent. You'll all have to give me a sticker if i get it right. Think about my self esteem!!!! :(

Don't even THINK about if I don't pull it off..... :(:o

By the way, nice photo Steve, reminds me of our days with nice, amenable, (fairly) tame children. Where were you, kind of looks familiar...then again, water and canoe bits all look the same, I suppose.... :(

Right, here goes...

Sue :D

OK,

Strike one to technology!!!!!

Scanner won't play :(

Would you believe no photos on computer? Well, some of daughter's puppy, but that doesn't really count, even if she is prettier than me! :o

Back to the drawing board. Could be a long wait, crutches won't let me grovel around in the wiring to check connections. sigh...

Sue xD

Sue - that leg is giving you far too much leisure time. We've got to find a way to get you back to work! :D

I don't think you'll know this particular stretch of water Carol - believe it or not we have friends whose parents have their own private lake! :o

And we're terribly terribly nice to those friends...

Well, hello all!

My picture is now up, xD but no stickers because it was purely a lucky accident!

I had called in the troops and was attempting to post (unsuccessfully!) one that nice man, Steve, :( , had doctored for me, when - there it was :o .

Actually, now it's there it doesn't look so good, but I had to cut off husband and son in 'gremlin' mode :(

When I'm fully recovered from the experience, I'll have a go at changing it :wacko:

Steve, how can you bear to associate with such amateurs :( ?

Sue

Nice pic Sue - you can tell you're a nursery practitioner with all those scissor cuts! :D

And believe me I'm no guru technically. We're all at different places on the spectrum. :)

Have just managed to stick my photo up! :D It took a bit of doing but I got there eventually! (can just see my grey roots!!! xD:( ) That's OFSTED for you! If they don't come next week i'm going to scream! :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)