Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Research Project - Outdoor Environment

Hello, i'm currently researching the obsticles that Early Years settings face when it comes to outdoor environment for my Masters degree. I would love to hear from anyone about what happens in their school, positive or negative.

I have a questionnaire which i'd love if practioners could complete for me. I've attatched the file to this message. If you can help that would be fantasstic.

Many thanks, Alison. (desperately seeking an outdoor space!!!)

I'm not sure if you can send it back to me via the forum, if not here's my email address. Once again many thanks.

Outdoor_Play_Questionnaire.doc

Hi Alison -

Welcome to the Forum! :o

It's not a good thing to post your email address on any website. Spam programs tend to pick these up and add them to their lists of people who apparently desperately need Septic Tanks installed on their estate (etc...).

So I've deleted your email address. Anyone who would like to send a completed questionnaire back to you can do so by clicking your name (to the left of your first post) and selecting 'send message' from the dropdown list. There is a feature there which allows them to send attachments.

Good luck with the research! xD

Thanks to all of you who have so far replied to the questionnaire. It has been really helpful to see what other people are doing. If any of you out there have any pictures of your outdoor environment, i would love to see them, maybe i can persuage the head to do something about our area then.

Thanks

Alison

Our small secluded outdoor area, looks very crowded but its not in reality, would love more space but not possible.

as you can see a large tree gives all day shade.. lovely in summer

Inge

post-3735-1182515997_thumb.jpg

post-3735-1182516008_thumb.jpg

post-3735-1182516018_thumb.jpg

Edited by Inge

• 2 weeks later...

Great photos, maybe we should ask Steve to add an outdoor area section to the gallery.

We have 'land' at front and rear of our building but have to put up tempory fences if out for whole session. We do use our locality for walks which includes park, beach and shops all within 10 mins walking distance. :o

Peggy

post-3604-1183584286_thumb.jpg

post-3604-1183584432_thumb.jpg

post-3604-1183584499_thumb.jpg

post-3604-1183584764_thumb.jpg

post-3604-1183585048_thumb.jpg

just noticed on Marions and my pics, staff are either hands on hips, seemingly picking thier nose and showing builders bum ( my daughter in beach pic will never forgive me if she knew I mentioned it :o ). Typical eh? xD

made you all look twice though didn't I.

Peggy

We are very firtunate in that we can re-enact the Bear Hunt with local environement, (apart from the cave!)

No it's not slave labour, just cheaper than the car wash!! :o

Peggy

• 2 weeks later...

I've had a wonderful day outside today and wanted to share the pictures. The children discovered they could get inside our beech hedge and build dens. They also discovered once inside they could climb the ten foot or so to the top and wave at me and the man who lives on the other side but we won't mention that :o

post-4544-1184353940_thumb.jpg

post-4544-1184354024_thumb.jpg

post-4544-1184354073_thumb.jpg

Marion, Where did you get your lovely tables and benches?

We had purchased similar ones from a firm recommended by our LA and no only were they outrageously expensive but they warped the first time it rained so we asked for them to be removed.We were lucky one of our parents had seen them and made us replacements over the summer and had also errected all the trellis and arches..

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)