Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Help Me Narnia!

Hi Narnia,

I have my interview for FD next week!!

I know you have had yours the other day and seem positive about it please please please any tips!!

What do they ask?

Im worried about the written task is there anything i can do to prepare?

Thank you in advance

Andrea

ps.Im to old for this ive been so stressed since i opened the letter :o

ps.Im to old for this ive been so stressed since i opened the letter :o

You're not old, you're experienced! Good luck with the interview.

Maz

Hi

I've just had my foundation degree interview, i had to write a piece on how we communicate, i also had to have a debate about the use of guns in the early years setting.

It wasn't as bad as i thought it was, i'm sure you will be fine, by the way i passed mine, good luck, now i'm just filled with dread of doing the dregree at my age, can't believe i'm a uni student!!!!!! what a joke!!!! My kids think it's hysterical!!!

I'm sure you'll rise to the challenge! And it will be a challenge, but you'll learn so much - especially about yourself - that you won't recognise yourself when you get to the end!

Maz

Hi, mine wasn't so bad, they asked me why i wanted to do the course, what i hoped to gain from it, and how it would affect my career progression.I want to do it for me..............I left school at 16, with good O levels, but no A levels;I had my first child at 18 and have spent my life running around after everyone else.2 years ago, my father died after a short illness....................and then, soon after that, i was seriously ill myself, and nearly died.I promised myself that I was going to LIVE my life and do things now, not spend the rest of it WISHING i had done them.This is a challenge, for me.I have a brain and I want to see how well I can use it!!

The written piece was about the new EYFS curriculum..........we were given a cutting from a newspaper about it, and had to discuss it. That was it really, so good luck, I'm sure you already know why you are doing it...........you just have to tell them! And the writing is simply so they can judge your style of writing, it's not a 'test' as such!

Good luck with the interview, you will be fine.

I agree with Narnia, the written piece is just to see your style of writing. Like my tutor on the FD said, if we knew everything we'd be standing where she was, you will not be expected to know everything just have a good go at reflecting on the discussion.

thanks Guys xD It is a lovely feeling to be part of this forum isnt it?

I know I will be fine I am often told Im my most worst critic and i know this comes out in my confidence.

Narnia - Thank you so much :( I asked you cos I know what you have been through since meeting you on this forum and our lives have been similiar apart from altho i have had ME I have not awful experience with your health and I have utter most respect! Sorry dont want to sound (em whats the word im looking for?)meaning soppy!!! :( NOW this is what I worry about with my written task I read everything about childcare on here and in publications/books etc and I can and will have my say drawing on my experiences however finding the big words to condense this down I struggle with :o And i did get 0'level english!!!!!

For instance when I was attacked on other website about my beliefs I hadnt the words in fact i just wanted to tell her to .......off (and I dont swear!!)LOLS

And then the lovely marion came on board and with just a sentence said it all with knobs on!!!

Anyway I will be ok I will try my best.

Andrea x

Hi AndreaMay,

I will be watching your post with anticipation, as i am just waiting for my application pack to do the Foundation Degree to come via the post. I am also hoping to get funding from the transformation fund.

I didn't know there was an interview and "test" for the course, does this mean someone could fail the interview and not get accepted on the course :( . Like you AndreaMay, i am older :o and have not studied for a long time. I do have my level 3 and i did get my A1 NVQ assessors certificate a few years ago and also have an O'Level in English and a few other O'Levels from the 1970's xD

But to do this degree would certainly be a wonderful challenge, and just like Narnia, i have had alot of emotional and other obstacles to cross to get to where i am today and after losing my mum after a long illness in December 2005, it made me re evaluate my life and i have made quite a few changes from losing 3 1/2 stone in six months (more still to lose) and plucked up courage to learn to drive, i am ready for my driving test, but i just panick at the very word of it ahhhhhhhhhhhhh, my husband, who i have been married to for nearly 27 years has an ongoing illness, which is in remission at the moment, but can re appear at any time. But i am fast approaching my mid forties and want to progress on. Sorry i think i went off track a bit there. Anyway all the best for your interview.

Well i hope all goes well for you.

Rosepetal :(

good for you, Rosepetal! Mind you, you're still a mere baby yourself.........plenty of time!!Good luck with it all.BTW, I understand that not every college/uni does a test, so i'd say don't worry, and if they DO, just relax and it'll be fine!

Hi Narnia,

A mere baby, lol, have'nt been called that in many a year, lol. I also have 4 grown up children, 26, 21, 20 and 19, so i certainly don't feel young, lol.

I am getting excited just thinking about the degree as i do love to learn, i just hope i can get the funding.

Rosepetal :o

Guest Wolfie

Hi Rosepetal - I think it depends on the college whether you have an interview or not - someone that i work with is doing the FD and she just had to submit an application form and was then told she'd been accepted!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)