Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Good News!

Magenta

I am so pleased!! I had a hospital appointment today and found out that I won't have to have radiotherapy! (I was told this would probably be the case).

I was also told that, as I have single sided deafness, I will be able to have a hearing aid. I thought that as the auditory nerve was damaged nothing would help me, so I am really pleased!

Will probably have to wait months though! It will be great to be able to tell which children are talking! It's impossible to tell what direction sounds are coming from at the moment.

I will be able to take it off at night though so that I still get a good night's sleep - if I sleep on my good side I can't hear my husband snoring anymore!

Guest tinkerbell

You must be so relieved Magenta!

Fingers crossed that the hearing aid will sort out which child is talking.Could it be sorted during the summer holidays?

Tinkerbellx

Guest MaryEMac

That is good news Magenta. Hopefully you will get benefit from a hearing aid. I know that I did. I've had mine about a year and it has made such a difference. It wasn't until I had it fitted that I realised how loud I had had the TV, my family must have been suffering so much. After I had seen the consultant I had to wait about 6 months to get my hearing aid so it wasn't too long. Best of luck with it.

Mary

Thats great news. xD I think you should get a new digtial hearing aid, boy they are fun to use especially when the children are being very noisey, the aid cuts of the sound otherwise you would scream from pain! :o

Talking from experience with hearing aids, there are fab and yes they do work with aduitary(sp) nerve damage. :( I have high frequency deafness and need one on one side, although I mainly use it for work or going out, I enjoy hearing what is happening in the setting. :(:(

Beth

Thanks for all your good wishes!

Beth, I think I've got to have a bone anchored hearing aid which will conduct sound through the bone to the other ear, I don't think any other sort will work. I can have one on a band to try first so that I don't have surgery unnecessarily if it doesn't suit me. I've found a BAHA users forum! not as much fun as this one though!