Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Is It Just Me...

or does that BBC advert appear for everyone? The one that says "Alan Johnston Gaza Reporter" on? :o

Yes, I can see it too! But I'm not sure I understand what you're getting at!

Maz

(permanently bewildered)

Phew! Thanks for that. I really thought I was going mad! I thought maybe the two istes had started to merge together :o

To be honest, I didn't know what had happened to him, so I apologise if I have offended anyone by asking. I have clicked on the advert and briefly had a look so thanks for that.

To be honest, I didn't know what had happened to him, so I apologise if I have offended anyone by asking. I have clicked on the advert and briefly had a look so thanks for that.

I was wondering if there was a problem with the 'advert' - some hidden typo or something I'd missed! I'm sure you didn't offend anyone. I once had something very similar - I opened the Girlguiding UK website and saw an advert for liposuction. I posted the self same "it is just me?" question to some guiding chums - turned out it was a hotmail thing, and no-one else had seen it!

But then again, I could probably do with a bit of lipo!

Maz

It is important in abduction cases like this to keep it very high profile, not just in the news and with large newspaper appeals, as in the UK, but all around the world, as it makes it harder for his kidnappers to kill him because of the poor light that they will be put in. Usually people are kidnapped as bargaining tools or to gain some sort of sympathetic attention. Alan Johnson was the only journalist who actually lived in the Gaza strip and people are outraged because of his supportive and honest reporting of the situation there. He seems to be a thoroughly brave and 'good guy'. Usually kidnapping there don't last very long, but he has been missing since early March with no sightings or evidence that he is still alive. There was a report that he has been murdered. Imagine the feelings of his poor family. There is an online petition for his release, available via the link, for you to sign.