Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Forum Upgrade - Feedback Here!

Steve

Guest MaryEMac

I have been following this thread with interest although most of it is as clear as mud to me. xD I am one of those who has to sign in at every visit. This actually started a few weeks ago before the upgrade.

I do agree with some of the others about the profiles in that I like to find out about people but feel that it's a little intrusive now.

Thanks Steve for all your hard work, one of these days i will be able to work out how to do more than just post topics and replies. :o

Mary

I had a problem with signing in every time.....

then discovered my husband had done some 'housekeeping' on PC and cleared all cookies and had changed cookie setting :o

.....sorted once he told me and i could sort it out..... xD

Inge

Hi all -

Thanks for all the comments. We've got someone staying this weekend so I'm only popping in and out today, but I'll try to spend some time on any issues you still have tomorrow. :o

Glad the log in problem is sorted out Inge. Mary, have a quick look at your cookie settings (in your browser, probably under 'Options' or something similar. If that's ok, see if there is a 'trusted sites' option and if so, add www.foundation-stage.info to this.

Glad other things seem to be going down well. Got lots of friends now!

Oh, oh... again the login. The good thing is that in the 1st loggin area (front page of the forum right hand... not the one on the top which then takes you to another page) my name is filled in ones I type the "S..." and the password comes on automatically, so not much of a problem.

loving what I am discovering, lots of things to play around with whilst avoiding my degree work.

I tried to upload a pic of me in my profile, I changed a jpeg which was resized to a 2 x 2 cm size, to a gif, but still it is about 600kb, too big. Help, what type of pic and size have others used???

Still trying to work out how to add a friend and thanks to all who have added me as their friend. I would like to pronounce a disclaimer that if I leave anyone out on my friends list, please do not take it personally, I just haven't got around to doing it yet. I will most probably add people who I have PM'd, had regular conversations / posts with. But would like to declare that all FSF members are special and are regarded by me as truly professional colleagues. :o

Peggy

Hi all -

There were a fair few people having problems with getting and staying logged in. This is probably down to a new type of cookie that was being placed on PCs to prevent 'cookie theft' (is anyone feeling hungry yet?), so I've disabled this to see if that helps. I'd be interested to hear if there are still issues with this! :o

Glad you're all making so many friends. I'll set a poll up in a day or two to see how many are opposed and how many in favour of keeping the new look profile. I think we need at least a seventy five percent approval rating to keep the new one - what do you think?

By the way, if anyone is having problems with, for example, smileys not appearing or boxes looking a funny shape, try pressing F5 (or ctrl + F5) to clear your cache. xD

Steve, I've only had to log in once today, lunchtime. Twice since then its been back to normal. Hopefully you've solved the issue! Thank you.

This is probably down to a new type of cookie that was being placed on PCs to prevent 'cookie theft'

Just a warning - no-one try and steal my cookies! Particularly the chocolate chip ones. xD I'll be watching................. :o:(

Steve, I've tried to post an attachment on 2 topics this evening and it won't let me do it. It says contact administrator and IPB WARNING [2] file_get_contents() expects at most 2 parameters, 5 given (Line: 442 of /ips_kernel/class_upload.php). Is it me or there something your end?

Hi all -

Thanks for all the comments. We've got someone staying this weekend so I'm only popping in and out today, but I'll try to spend some time on any issues you still have tomorrow. :(

Glad the log in problem is sorted out Inge. Mary, have a quick look at your cookie settings (in your browser, probably under 'Options' or something similar. If that's ok, see if there is a 'trusted sites' option and if so, add www.foundation-stage.info to this.

Glad other things seem to be going down well. Got lots of friends now!

Hi Steve,

No problem to log in now xD !

My only sadness (not because of the forum) is that I am having problems with my PC's video card, so if you don'[t see me around you know why :( . I can hardly see the screen... it is full of lines... but what can I do without you people an dthe forum :o. Thankfully my hubby was able to fix it a bit, but the PC wouldn't start.

Enjoy the sun :( !

I don't understand the friends thing! Probably something to do with being a bear of very little brain! I've been informed, via e-mail, that 2 people have added me as a friend but on my profile it says I haven't got any xD. Also, what does having a friend mean? Does something special happen? :o

The attachments problem is fixed Lisa.

Smiley - hope you don't disappear for too long!

Moose - Carol's explained in a comment on your profile, but basically the friends list on your own profile shows the people you have added as your friend, not the people who have added you as their friend. Hope that makes sense!

The main use of adding someone as a friend is that you can find their profile easily, or PM them. If you go to your own profile after adding someone as a friend you'll see the friends tab in the central column. Click 'Manage Friends' at the bottom and you'll get a list of your friends who you can PM without having to look them up in the member list. :o

Nice one LJW :oxD

I'm still not sure how to add a friend, but I admit I've not given it a lot of thought or time....

I have however started my blog :( . I wanted to add links from search ( more than one) and found it easiest by opening up 2 FSF windows so I could copy and paste the link addresses from one window ( the links) to the other window ( my blog).

I did find that the blog page is bigger than my screen so I had to scroll left / right to read it all.

Peggy

Hey,

it all works on Firefox on PC now........ :o

I did do a java update .......could that have been it?..

otherwise we've done nothing else , unless you have changed anything your end.

Good to see it all work now.

Inge

Oh, boy :o ! Each day I see less with my PC... Today we went to check if it was the DVI white cable that connects the monitor with the video card in the back of the PC (C.P.U.). That is okay and allseems to indicate that it is definitively the video card. Tomorrow is a holiday in Belgiuum (Labour Day), so it won't be until Wednesday that we will be able to buy a new one. Welll, I will keep trying my best to keep faithful to the forum. See you xD .