Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Narnia, Barcelona

Rea

I didnt want to clog little ones friends post with my waffle about Barcelona so heres a new post ...

Narnia, we didnt get to see much of Barcelona, we were there on a rugby tour with a grumpy coach driver who said we didnt have time for a tour (we did) so I'm going back another time.

We walked down La Rambla, loads of stalls and street entertainers, and the market which has lovely displays but also live crabs, skinned rabbits, whole pigglets and nameless things :o

We were told to be careful of pickpockets and bag snatchers but we were fine, I think the rain kept them away! Shopping looked good :(

Have a fab time :D

The photo is of a display on a market stall

I got home late last night, tired after having on average 4 hours sleep a night, to find my hubby had created a new patio and put a new bathroom in, so I definitly have to go back, because the hall needs decorating!!!! :(xD

post-3139-1176756935_thumb.jpg

thanks for that......................yes, i've heard about bag snatchers!! I think i'll be leaving my engagement ring and necklaces at home, (my late mum's things and i'd hate to be mugged!) and i might just stuff my purse well out of reach... let's hope the weather warms up a bit over there! The fruit looks lovely,.....is it an expensive city?? I'm going with my daughter, who has won the weekend as a treat from Virgin mobile, whom she works for,they are paying for us to go to see the band, plus flights, transfers,hotel, breakfasts and a posh meal on Saturday night and they are giving us £100 each spending money too (works out at about 140 euros I think)!My guess is we won't need too much money as the Friday will be accounted for with the show etc. Lovely, isn't it?? Her boyfriend is afraid to fly, so she invited me....yippeeeeee

I didnt find it expensive but I didnt get to see much thanks to Mr Grumpy :(

It was expensive from the point of view that euros look like play money so I was maybe a bit freer with it than at home. :oxD

How did the rugby go Rea?

Sorry to hear about My Grumpy :o , still now you have a definate reason to return, all that missed sightseeing. :D

I do miss market stalls like the one in your photo, I think the street markets seem so much more interesting abroad than the ones I have near me.

Peggy

Rugby was marvellous Peggy. :D:D

We won all our games by massive margins, but we have to bear in mind that rugby is a fairly new game in Spain.

Quimics were lovely, they had a real feel for the true spirit of rugby, even at the end of a massive defeat they were charming and appriciative, happy almost to have been able to play such an experinced team and have the opportunity to see good rugby. It was especially nice for my son when they presented him with a T-shirt and the words 'number 11's side stepping killed us' :D Hopefully they will continue their promising start in Spanish rugby.

Barcelona, bit, punched, kicked and used dangerous moves which the ref said was the result of frustration! And how about the legalities love? :o

We also played an English Under 16 team from Cambridge, Huntingdon RFC, the Stags. Lovely lads, who had little chance of beating us but gave us a good clean, exciting game. It was good to meet them, shame our players who went on for them couldnt help them a bit more against the Barcelona teams antics. :(

After the rugby was drink, drink, drink....4 hours sleep most nights and trawling the bars and clubs looking for the players, who I have to say are the best bunch of lads you could wish to meet. I have laughed until my sides ached and I couldnt breath. I have shared confidences, beer, cigarettes and stories and seen more bare body parts on video phones and cameras than you could shake a stick at.

This coming weekend we are playing the semi finals of the National Bowl, but I wont say where we're staying in case they read this and the residents get scared xD:(:(

How was the Bahamas? I presume you are relaxed and feeling really chuffed to be back in good old Blighty :wacko:

Sounds like you had more than a great time 'with the lads' or was it really like your usual weekend jaunt :D:D:o

Barbados was great, although we had rain for the first week :( , still managed to get a tan though. Best of all I really did chill out, didn't think about work or fostering once, although I was aware of where the hotels internet room was and nearly popped in there to see what was going on in here without me, but I managed to side step to the bar. xD

Great 4X4 outing to see the 'real' Barbados, swam with Turtles, did a spot of snorkeling, but mainly eating, drinking and dancing on the beach ( even in the rain) :D

Peggy

posted some pics here http://www.foundation-stage.info/forums/in...bados&st=30

Peggy

Narnia, Barcelona is lovely and not too expensive. It is interesting walking around the harbour and looking enviously at the amazing private boats. Personally I liked best the Sagrada Familias which is the wonderful Gaudi Cathdral- well worth a visit, and the entrance fees are what are paying for it to be built. The Park Gruell (sp?) was amazing and full of Gaudi designs. I took a picture of the nursery's travelling teddy on the dragon there.

We used taxis a lot to get around as they are not very expensive, and it meant that we got around much quicker. We also got on the tour bus the first day and sat in the sunshine on the top. It was a good tour and gave us an idea of where we wanted to go by ourselves, and what there was to see. I found the shops dull, better in Manchester, although Las Ramblas is interesting for a walk and the stalls are fab.

Narnia...

definitely keep bags safe and items in am inaccessible place.....

friend had her bag slashed along the bottom and items removed that way in Barcelona, spoilt what should have been a lovely weekend away.

Just be careful and sensible and you will enjoy your visit

Inge

I also had a lovely time in Barcelona a few years ago, agree with Jacquie about the place to see, however we didn't take taxis we just walked everwhere, and it really wasn't a problem, got a real feel for the city. We had some lovely tapas near the port by going at an odd time so they cooked it all fresh. Hope you have agreat time