Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Which Accreditation?

Hi all,

Just been informed that we are to embark on a quality assurance programme. I know a bit about them, theoretically, but was wondering which one would be best for a sessional group run in a family centre? I don't think we fit into NDNA as we are sessional, but am daunted by the prospect of the PSLA one. Any advice would be gratefully received!

Hi

I did the PSLA one and am at present re accreditating with the same sheme I have also done the NDNA scheme at my previous setting I found the PSLA to be a better scheme for me and found this the more user friendly.

Having mentored settings on both, I would recommend the PSLA one - you can gain level one then move on to two and then on to three as and when you feel ready.

With the NDNA one, you complete the whole portfolio, get assessed and may not get awarded! I also think that the NDNA one is definitely aimed at nurseries and would probably ask too much of a sessional care setting.

Thanks all. That's been really useful! Our LEA don't do one but we should get funding ( I hope!). Thanks again.

• 2 years later...

Hi, At our nursery we are doing the NDNA one and its so repetative, and the feedback we get is not very good. I personally think its a waste of time. I thought it would let us look at the setting and view the way we do things etc, but 90% of it is uploading policies, paperwork etc.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)