Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Menus For Dairy Allergiies And Muslim

hi joined in february and not been brave enough to join in forum :o really desperate trying to find menus for breakfast/lunch and tea for a child with a dairy allergy and a muslim child been searching the web to no avail any ideas welcome

A very warm welcome Toadie, I think we all feel a bit nervous about our first post, I cannot believe once you start you just keep adding your twopenneth, it's great, I go red sometimes when i post still though!! :o

Oh the dietary adivce will follow from someone more knowledgeable than me, sorry I can't help!

We are probably quite close, I am in Somerset and also have horses, common ground already.

Edited by Guest

Hi toadie!

Welcome aboard, looking forward to getting to know you

Stating the obvious, I suppose, but have asked the parents??? I'm sure they'll be happy to help. The Muslim families in our nursery tend to go with the vegetarian option, to be sure the chidren don't get non-halal products; some will allow fish. This means that there really shouldn't be a problem with food - and with the dairy allergy, can they have soya products? We have a couple, they tend to have fruit for desserts - you just have to be careful to read labels!

Any help?

Sue

thanks for your reply sue (forgot myself then!) :D

we don't have any muslims in our setting. Had thought of soya/goat milk products hoping some-one already had a menu they used!!! :D

Click this link

Hi Toadie, the link abve should give you a starting point for sites about Muslim dietry restrictions :D

Welcome to the site, and good luck with your NVQ :D

Me again... If you do a google search for 'non dairy diets' there will be a load of choices. This one has some comprehensive lists Dairy free diet :D

and this one gives ideas Here

hi rea

hopefully getting the hang to replying back!

thanks for your reply :D

i will have a look at the sites

cheers

thanks shelley for your info :D

still trying to get my head around to replying!!!

thanks also to susan and marion :D

got a lot of work to get on with now!

cheers

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)