Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Neg Funding For Childminders

Hi i am a registered childminder and have just started providing the neg (nursery education grant) ive just completed my first term and am now ready to start the next one after easter hols.

But when i constantly ask for head count forms to be sent out so i can fill them in ready for the next term im either being told yes ok i drop them off by my network childminder coordinator or shes not in and someone takes a message and she never rings back!!!

I am getting rather annoyed as i feel i was pushed into this but they promised support all the way and help with the paper work but im getting none of this.

Im wondering if anyone has had the same problem and im worrying over nothing.

I agree with Narnia. Bypass your network coordinator if that route is not working, and contact your EYEE team directly. Like Narnia, our team is very efficient, and we have just received the forms for next term.

Guest HelenW

Hello, I am also a CM taking the NEG funding. Mine come direct from the section at the council making the payment to me, and if they are late it I would not get my payments on time. I am not sure why your development officer is being involved this is not usually how it works. I am sure if youi speak to the payments team they will deal with you direct.

Helen

Thanks everyone i am now on the case and awaiting a phone call (again) where then my forms will be directly sent out. I hope!!!

lisa x

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Hi i am a registered childminder and have just started providing the neg (nursery education grant) ive just completed my first term and am now ready to start the next one after easter hols.

But when i constantly ask for head count forms to be sent out so i can fill them in ready for the next term im either being told yes ok i drop them off by my network childminder coordinator or shes not in and someone takes a message and she never rings back!!!

I am getting rather annoyed as i feel i was pushed into this but they promised support all the way and help with the paper work but im getting none of this.

Im wondering if anyone has had the same problem and im worrying over nothing.

Late replying too... mine come via the coordinator, but if I don;t get them or if I have needed an extra one at the last minute I just ring head ofice!

• 6 months later...
Late replying too... mine come via the coordinator, but if I don;t get them or if I have needed an extra one at the last minute I just ring head ofice!

hi mine came direct to me as were the owner not through anyone else

go direct

Mine come direct from my local LEA.why not give yours a call and arrange for them to be posted to you.I always get them( we're a preschool) well in advance.Next terms estimated form went back to them last week.

Welcome loulou!

I get mine emailed from my local early years team - although they can't take the information back electronically and I have to print it in and send it back. Ours is fairly straight forward - but a little difficult to do if you don't have the form in the first place! I agree with what the others have said - ring and speak to someone else and explain your problem. I'm sure they'll help!

Maz

PS Just saw the original date of this thread - really must read more thoroughly! Wonder if you ever got your forms loulou?!!

Welcome strud40 by the way!

Edited by HappyMaz

• 1 month later...
Welcome loulou!

I get mine emailed from my local early years team - although they can't take the information back electronically and I have to print it in and send it back. Ours is fairly straight forward - but a little difficult to do if you don't have the form in the first place! I agree with what the others have said - ring and speak to someone else and explain your problem. I'm sure they'll help!

Maz

PS Just saw the original date of this thread - really must read more thoroughly! Wonder if you ever got your forms loulou?!!

Welcome strud40 by the way!

Hee hee, I was also going to reply to this message until I saw the original date of the thread.........hmmmmm, Lou Lou I hope you got your forms !!!! :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)