Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Would You Renew Your Accreditation?

I have been asked what my opinion is and have really different views, can't make a decision on what would be best :o

What is your opinion? Would you be happy not to re-apply?

Guest Wolfie

Is this the PLA accreditation that you're talking about? I did that one when I ran my own nursery - I have since sold it and moved on but had already decided that I WOULDN'T renew it. Although I found the process worthwhile in many ways in that it made us reflect on our practice in all areas, I really felt that I was required to produce a lot of paperwork that wasn't useful and that I didn't feel helped improve the quality of what we were providing. I think I would have looked around to see what other QA schemes were about if I was still there.

Edited by Wolfie

I guess it depends if you think that it is the investment - both financial and time - is worth it?

Have you kept the paperwork up to date or would it take a big effort to update all the evidence required? Would the staff and management gain any more from renewing the process i.e. would you change any more of your practice in order to meet the requirements?

Do you think that it would make a difference to the experiences of the children, help to promote your setting, give you a marketing edge over your competitors or just add to your list of things 'to do' It really does depend if you think that you need that extra pat on the back to demonstrate that you are offering a high quality service.

I worked for 18 months co-ordinating a QA scheme and whilst I agree with undertaking the schemes and promoting high quality practice, I'm not sure that parents are savvy enough to look for kitemarks and if settings that have already achieved have more to change - unless you are on a scheme that is arranged in levels and you want to get the next level?

Sorry, that's more questions than answers, but may help you make a decision?

I did the investors in people award and mine is up for renewal this year. Its crossed my mind that no one has ever asked about and it has not changed the way I work as we did all things need for it any way.

Especially as its going to cost me £500+

The scheme we do The Bristol Standard is on going and we have to submit every year an update for 2 years and then a full for the 3rd year, so really as we update continually find it not hard work, and in our we don't have any financial implications as paid by LEA now, when we started we paid £50.00 and they paid us £80.00 for 2 years to do it!! Now it is just the time for the staff to complete it and committee willing pay us for the hours involved.

we will continue ours as Ofsted used the folder and while they are not supposed to take it into account the comment was that it gave her a very good overview of what we are doing and she could see that our plans were being followed through.

Inge

I don't think I would renew it - I just think that there is just too much and too many different things going on. There is the new EYFS going on, undertaking the EYP and more more more to get to grips with. The process as someone said helped to reflect on practice and as long as it is kept up to date then I do not see the need at the moment as everything will change again in a years time. Personally I too dont think parents take much notice of it - you can tell them, display the certificate etc but they are more quite rightly interested in what they see on the ground

Nikki

If I thought OFSTED would take it into account then yes I would renew, but as they don't then I don't think I will bother. It was a good exercise to undertake initially because we reflected on our practice but, as we now do this all the time, it would be paperwork for the sake of it.

Linda

Thank you all for your replies, you've basically all said what I've been thinking, it's alot of paperwork. I think perhaps setting it up in the first place helped with the running of the nursery, making sure everything was covered for Accreditation helped with Ofsted inspection aswell. Don't really think it made much difference to our waiting list. Think I've made my decision not to renew it.

Sorry it's taken me so long to thank you all for your time, been having a manic few weeks, my nan died, funeral :o childrens birthday's, work hectic, just seem to of gone through the last few weeks in a daze

• 9 months later...
Guest salnaama

As far as I was informed last week the Quality Framework Assurance is no longer!

We shall all be undertaking a new form of accreditation from April 2008 if everything is in place.

Although I feel it is being thrown together too quickly without enough consultation.

SandraAccreditation renewal

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)