Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Washing Machines

Susan

Had hotpoint... kept breaking down, drum needed replacing so many problems getting it sorted too... sorry never again... now have Bosch, no problems so far and very quiet, but it is not washer dryer, just washer.

Sister always recommends Zanussi , have longer she had a longer 5 yr warranty with hers which could be useful

Could always try the Which site for basic info, which online but need to be a member for more detailed info.

Inge

I've just had a new Bosch washer too, I joined Which Online to check out the most reilable makes, I think Bosch was about the cheapest of those. You can have 1 month free trial of Which Online, I just cancelled my subscription.

Hi!

I have an LG Direct Drive - no moving parts, I'm told (although the drum must!!! :o ), works on a 'shower' system so supposedly more 'Green'. Don't know about any of that, but results are good and it's very quiet. Washer only, I have a White Knight Sensordry, a make I'd never heard of but it's been chugging away for years now and never lets me down (apart from once, when someone was in charge of washing and forgot to check filter - xD ) Good luck with the hunt.

Sue

Thanks everyone! I remember White Knight but not sure they exist any more?

My current machine is a Zanussi and so was the last one but we wondered whether we ought to be buying something else as we seem to be in the market. I cant manage without a tumble dryer and although I have a large kitchen I cant get a separate machine in. I regret parting with my mini tumble dryer many years ago though as the combination dryers are not as good.

Of course when the zanussi agent comes out, he recommends zanussi but another repair company I used recommend Siemens or Bosch!

I do want a quiet machine, my mothers Hotpoint Aquarius sounds like a propeller plane in take off so wont be going there!

We used to have a "seconds" outlet for Zanussi near here which is why I have had 2 Zanussi in the past--price! but as that has now closed its another reason to shop around a bit more.

Is 2 machines in 18 years reasonable?

Thanks also for the Which link, we gave up on Which when we discovered everything they recommended was unavailable on the high street!

I've got a Bosch too (as recommended by Which?)

Looked at washer/dryers but could only get 4.5kg drums and you have to halve the load to dry it, so couldn't put it on during the day and leave it.

Settled for a 6kg washer which is fab and settled for drying in front of the radiator instead!