Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Just Had The Call!

Marion

If I was you marion I dont think I wouldnt want to rush back to work intil its all over... but what we want and what actually happens are two different things.

do you feel ready for your inspection?

we are waiting for Ofsted... Ive heard they are are in the area they did the local school preschool and several childminders and a near by playgroup over the last few weeks so Im thinking will it be me next?

I hope all goes well but I do know that if it was me I would want to be in there adding my two penny worth, so if you are like me you must feel very frustrated. Knowing how conscientous you are I suspect you are wishing you were with your team to show just how good you all are, and you're partly relieved that you are not.

If I was you marion I dont think I wouldnt want to rush back to work intil its all over... but what we want and what actually happens are two different things.

do you feel ready for your inspection?

we are waiting for Ofsted... Ive heard they are are in the area they did the local school preschool and several childminders and a near by playgroup over the last few weeks so Im thinking will it be me next?

I haven't been in school since the first week in January when I had my accident so I'm not sure what is happening which makes it worse. Everyone says not to worry and it will be fine but it actually feels worse sitting here remote from everything than being there.......stupid I know.

I've emailed the head asking if he wants me in or if there is anything I can do and I've phoned the nursery teacher who has asked me to find a lobster on line for the water tray :D

Hope all goes well Marion. I would sit back use your energy in getting better and supporting your colleagues in what ever ways you can. IF you need to go in for meetings the go but dont worry too much about the teaching aspects---our actual teaching observations were very small this week.

:o Dear Marion,

I don't know what type of accident you had, but you say you are having back problems. If you have been given sick absence for as long as 3 months... then you health situation is now more important than anything. I tell you by experience. I had a car accident and I rushed back to work before time... making it worse for my health. Trust in your colleagues and see how you can help from far. If you are able to go only 1 day, then ask your Head to separate a day for you when you can be there for OFSTED for a while. OFSTED should be understanding of your situation. Again, don't rush it. Okay? Take care :) .

I'ld stay at home and be off sick if that is what the doctor says - the school will be fine. I completely missed one of the old style Ofsteds (The week) by being off sick and I was the DH - School still got result it deserved and my being there was neither here nor there. I'ld been off for a while too and the systems to cover me were working effectively so I wasn't needed. It's a testament to how effective our management systems are if they carry on when someone is absent I think. So stay home and think about yourself!! It's only a job - you're more important.

Cx

I haven't been in school since the first week in January when I had my accident so I'm not sure what is happening which makes it worse. Everyone says not to worry and it will be fine but it actually feels worse sitting here remote from everything than being there.......stupid I know.

I've emailed the head asking if he wants me in or if there is anything I can do and I've phoned the nursery teacher who has asked me to find a lobster on line for the water tray :D

try your local big supermarkets, ask if they have one in their fishmonger stall and could you borrow it??

Thanks for the good advice I guess I'm just feeling a bit helpless.

The nursery teacher called to ask if I have any Rainbow Fish planning so guess thats my next job :D

Thanks for the suggestion Narnia just checked and she's after a live one :o

Thanks Susan :D

I've had an email from the head saying everything went well don't know the overall grade for the school yet but they were very impressed with the FSU and the transition into Y1. They liked the fact that Y1 works in a similar way to FS and suggested this be carried on into Y2 :D

I've just got back from hospital and fingers crossed hope to be back at school after Easter :D