Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Vision Of Forum Members

It's funny how when I read messages from people who frequently post, I get a vision of what they look like in my head!!

I know what Nichola looks like from her wedding pics, but the rest of you are all in my imagination!!

Its funny isn't it how you mentally picture some people.

I have a mental image of many people here, i wonder how we would all measure up in real life LOL

Dawn

I always picture you all too, I wonder what influences how we visualise each other, is it the posts we make? Or the interests we have that we tell each other about?

Go on Shelley, what do I look like?

To meet up would shatter our illusions it would be like watching a film when you have read the book and the characters in the film are not as you imagined.

Only joking Shelley - I know you won't want to offend me with your vision, you don't have to describe me, I am probably much better in an vision than in real life. :o

im often seen with big afro hair and big star glasses whizzing from one room to another making things messy with my cardigan upside down and toliet roll on the back of my shoe. Children always blame the lady with the afro hair for leaving the mess in the nursery. Oh well it was worth a try to encourage them to know whats tidy and untidy. xD:(:o

like you jojom Im the quiet shy retiring type.....

I have been seen on occasions howling at the moon in nightie and wellies....

Steve, you mean you're not actually Gandelf then.. you've been conning us all these years then!

Well I guess I'm the least annonymous person on here (the fact I'm a show off and plastered my wedding pics on here may have something to do with it!)

I've met Linda, so I know what she's like but yes, I always make mental images of people before I meet them or see them. I've met over 30 people from various forums and chatrooms and a lot of them have been very different to how I imagined them to be.

funnily enough, my Chinese symbol is the dragon..................and it's highly appropriate, since that's what I look like! I wouldn't dream of inflicting a photograph of myself on anyone, as I am (honestly and quite seriously,) the least photogenic person I have ever known!

Here I am burning the midnight oil again, couldnt sleep as I have an interview on my mind, so I enjoyed the distraction of reading this thread. I know exactly what you mean by having a mental picture of someone and then having a shock when you finally meet them or see a picture.

I did get recognised from my Cat in the Hat pic I had on here for awhile, maybe it looked more like me than I thought it did, which is a bit worrying! In fact I think I might put it back on!

Are you still around, I have been ebaying for a while, just thought I would check the forum, hope you have managed to get some sleep Michaelle, I feel tired now but I know I wont sleep, think I might raid the fridge now!!

I think it is lovely to be able to communicate with people who are able to 'weigh you up' and create opinions about you by what you say and not how old/young you are, how physicaly attractive (or otherwise :o )you are, what diformaties (?) you may have.....and how bad your spelling is xD

We are all on a level playing field on this Forum and I think that is one of the reasons I am addicted to it - We don't need to know what someone looks like to be able to respect and appreciate what they have to say - how empowering :D

This reminds me, I keep meaning to update my photo. Problem is that I am the one who takes all the photos and there is never one of me. Perhaps that's a good thing! :o

You're right, it's always a shock when someone posts a photo that they're in and you realise you were miles off from your image of them.

And another thing - have you ever realised the part that height plays in how you relate to a person....? I remember being greeted with astonishment once "Oh, you're much smaller than I thought you'd be!" ( xD ) Fortunately it wasn't a disadvantage in this instance :D

Sue :o

The thing I find scarey (second only to my appearance!) is my voice. Who is that squeaky person on the nursery tape recorder, telephone answering machine or video? I SURELY DON'T SOUND LIKE THAT???!

I know what you mean about the voice thing!! I always think I sound really stuck up!!!

Maybe we should have a photo competition? Match the photo to the person??!!! Prize = free membership :o

Was just about to say that not only do physical appearances have a bearing on what we think about someone and we make up our minds within the first three minutes of meeting them whether we feel we are initially going to get on with them but also our voices have a bearing on this too.

So from a very attractive single women in the peak of her life with a wonderful calming voice I say goodbye.

Or as it should be

from an aged single parent with too many issues with too many things to say with a voice that would sometimes wake the dead when I get going . As for describing my hair colour - even I cannot remember what it originally was - too much grey hair and hair colour to remember....

Nikki

What a great idea for a competition - I am up for it - and I really will not cheat and put up a picture of Keira Knightley or Gandulf and pass it off as myself!!!! Or at least I hope I wont. I wonder if we will get Steve right!!!! Where are the men anyway there used to be a few more of them or are some of you men and I actually think you are women...

Nikki

No Narnia your WRONG I am the most unphotogenic person ever and with 2 sisters who make beautiful photos its frustrating! :(

For our photos in the pre-school foyer about 45 attempts later I finally agreed on one! And its not that Im vain honestly its just i take absolutly awful photos!! In the end i made my deputy stand on a chair and take it from above so I only had one double chin!!! :D LOLS Im not kidding either xD:o