Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Eyfs

Now that's interesting - I could download the poster but not print it. I thought maybe it was cos there was too much info on it.... But.... Alis2son's post lets you print it too.... hmmmm

Hi all -

Just wanted to let you know two things:

The Lancashire EYFS poster linked to above is out of date so don't expect the released EYFS to be the same. For this reason I've removed the attachment Alis2son put up which copied the poster into MSWord for those who couldn't read the .pdf file on the Lancs Grid for Learning site. Sorry Alis2son! :o

Secondly, I've just been told that the official launch date is confirmed at the 13th March. Until now it's just been a rumour but that's the date. The first in print - scoop for the FSF eh? :D

Wolfie, I spoke to someone yesterday who is booked on a course for birth to 6. I believe it was through the Birmingham Early years, (who I have just emailed regarding out out of date their information is.) I dont know where you are in the Midlands but the training is offered through St Thomas Early Excellence centre. :D

Secondly, I've just been told that the official launch date is confirmed at the 13th March. Until now it's just been a rumour but that's the date. The first in print - scoop for the FSF eh? :D

I've just had an email from one of the managers to say 'hot off the press.... launch date 13th March'

But, I already knew thanks to the forum!!

It is being launched by the Rt Hon Beverley Hughes at Westminster Children's Library.

We are locking ourselves in a room when we get our hands on the first copy as a Local Authority to decide the way forward....

I just hope it meets our expectations :o

Guest Wolfie

Do you have any idea how long after the launch date it'll be before we can get our hands on a copy?

I think that we (that's the LAs) are getting copies at the end of March -they are all being rolled out through LAs - unlike BTTM. We have had to specify how many copies we want in the first batch and we are also expecting some training guidelines for LAs to come at the same time.

The framework will be available from Prolog (DfES) but I guess that this won't be until the LAs have had a chance to brief/train some of the providers. They are trying to get everyone to 'sing from the same hymn sheet' on this one - I'll believe that when I see it!! :D

The people on the TES site are getting together a petition against the EYFS.

Someone has posted a link to a BBC article on the EYFS which may be of interest. Nursery guidance

And this link to a BBC page tells how Ofsted think our pre-school children are being failed by people like us here and this is a follow-up here

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)