Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Eyfs

While at a Bristol Standard Celebration last night one of the Guest speakers told us she had heard earlier in the day that EYFS will be launched on March 13th.

Al

Edited by Guest

Ooo I can't wait eaither. Another load of reading to do. :(:D But why have they stopped the birth to three matters pack considering we don't have to implement it until Sept 08. xD Or is it that we can start to use it to give us longer to get our heads around it. :( I'm sure I heard from a person who was on the commity for it told me we can start to use it as soon as it's out but I am not sure. :o

Beth

Presumably they've just stopped PRINTING the Birth to Three pack, I'm sure we'll continue to use it until the EYFS is properly implemented and the traning has been made avaiable nationwide to all practitioners?

I've heard this too, i phoned up for a birth to three pack and was told they were not available because the EYfs comes out on march 13th.

I think that they may have stopped printing them, as someone else posted. Even if the EYFS comes out in March, Ofsted will still be inspecting against BTTM and FS until August 2008 (as far as I understand)

Will these be aotomatically sent out or will we have to order

My understanding is that the Local Authorities are being sent copies as they have the responsibility for the training (unlike BTTM) I imagine that once the initial roll out has taken place, you will be able to order additional copies, as with any other publication.

Ooo I can't wait eaither. Another load of reading to do. :wacko: :D But why have they stopped the birth to three matters pack considering we don't have to implement it until Sept 08. :( Or is it that we can start to use it to give us longer to get our heads around it. :( I'm sure I heard from a person who was on the commity for it told me we can start to use it as soon as it's out but I am not sure. :o

Beth

Don't, whatever you do, stop using current frameworks and curriculums... the EYFS is not mandatory until September 2008 and Ofsted will still carry out inspections under the current guidelines until August 2008.

LA's are rolling out the training once they get their hands on the document, over the next 12 months or so, so that providers have enough information to start planning with the new framework from September next year (well, that's the plan anyway!)

LA's are working closely with the PNS and DfES to ensure that the roll out of training meets the needs of all providers and that everyone has the opportunity to access training, be it daytime, twilight, evening or weekend sessions.

It's interesting to see the poster, as we haven't seen any publication related to the EYFS yet - it would be intriguing to know how they got hold of it!!! I thought that it was a closely guarded secret xD

However, as we all know in Early Years, things change so quickly, so who's to say that things have changed since I last had a meeting a few weeks ago?! :(

It won't let me print it! :o It says there'a an error and the file can't be found! xD

Wolifie-what version of Adobe do you have? I got the same error message as you so updated reader to version 7, previously on 6. It works fine now!

Linda

I've got version 7.0 and it still won't let me open it!!

Linda, what's the PNS - racked my brains and can't make anything fit!

I've got version 7.0 and it still won't let me open it!!

Linda, what's the PNS - racked my brains and can't make anything fit!

It's the Primary National Strategy - it's a DfES strategy that supports schools and teachers to raise standards, especially in literacy and mathematics. They are leading on the development of the EYFS (I think!)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)