Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Thank You

Hi, this is the first time I have posted a message even though I use this site all the time. I just wanted to say a big thank you to everyone. Last week I had an observation and used the frozen teddy idea from this site, I got good feedback - even the head who was observing said she was dying to open the envelope to see what was inside. So just wanted to let you all know how much I appreciate this site and say thank you x :)

Hi there Jo and jenbob, welcome to both of you and for making your first posts. Its always lovely to hear thanks and know that members are happy to be part of the community. This is all down to the dedicated membership who are willing to share their experiences, resources, celebrations, opinions, and even their moans and grumbles and this is what makes a community.

Thank you to both of your for making your first posts-I see you have both been with us for a long time and it's great when members start to post. I bet you will make many more now that you have taken the plunge.

Linda

Sorry its taken so long to reply. For the frozen teddy I sprayed him first with water then left him in the freezer. When he was readyI poped him in an envelope, at school the children decided what could be inside - they felt it and recognised the word Arctic on the postage stamp, after opening the envelope and finding the teddy we found a letter inside from an Inuit child asking if we could look after the teddy because it was too cold where he lived. After lots of discussion and touching of the teddy the children came up with a list of ideas of how to keep him warm, the chn then went off to make the teddy warm, the more able chn wrote back to the Inuit child saying how they looked after the teddy.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)