Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Snowing !

Wow, just couldn't sleep......popped down for a cup of tea and my garden has transformed into a winter wonderland.... :D My dog's just had a great 10 minutes outside (thank God she didn't bark!)

Can't wait to get into nursery today - it will be the first snow many of our children have seen - Great excuse to shelve the topic and get on with some serious, fun and exploration....just hope parents bring LOTS of warm changes of clothes! Now where's my toboggan?...yipee. :D

Enjoy everybody, enjoy!!

Well it isn't snowing here :o

It never does xD

We're by the sea which is great most of the time - but so envious when everyone else has snow and we don't.

You see surfboards in the shops here - there's not really a market for toboggans !

Enjoy it those that have it - you're sooooooooooo lucky!

We've had snow for the past three nights, but not as much as 'down south' by the looks of things! We live in allegedly the highest village in the country on the edge of the Pennines (300metres above sea level) and are consequently above the snow line, so any drop in temperature and hint of rain = snow!

Not that I'm complaining - I'm a big kid at heart :D

Hi

when i came home last night it was snowing...just very tiny snow flakes xD but was excited about waking this morning.....jumped out of bed to discover......

NO SNOW :(

keeping fingers crossed, i want to use the snowman on our weather board :o

Jo

Guest MaryEMac

This morning at playgroup, we sent the parents into the cloakroom to sort comment books and snack boxes and the children out into the play area to play in the snow. They actually all came wearing coats, hats, gloves and wellies. They had just over half an hour before they drifted in (sorry). It was lovely to see all the rosy cheeks and what conversations came from this excitement. It's all gone now though, might be more tomorrow. :D:D:D

mary

We have also had a light dusing of snow too. :D Now its icy! :(xD Umm sounds like a fun jurery to college in the morning and one of my mates off ill with the flu. :( AGGGGHHHH what happens if my other friends dont turn up! :o Oh well I just have to be a billy no mates for the day! :(

Beth

No snow in my part of Kent, although according to local radio, whole of kent is covered :o I am right by the sea though. Trains delayed :wacko: xD , which is not good for my foster lad who has to travel to London everyday for school. Bless him, it's freezing out there!! .

Last year as a few of you may remember, I just had to find out what happens when you jump on a trampoline full of snow. :( ( KUW aspect 1) GREAT FUN, I LOVE IT and I am the worst boss because if I can get to preschool then I expect my staff to, even though they hated driving, I would pick them up and get to work to find no children turned up xD ( well 2 did :(:( )

Maybe our snow will come soon, hope it's not just for the weekend it's not quite so much fun without all the preschool children. :D

Peggy

Yipeee snow :D

We all went outside in the snow - made 2 snowmen, threw snowballs, crunched round in "virgin" snow - had a really great time - I love snow :D:D:D

We used the snowman on our weather board for the first time today Joanne. The January poem is - January brings the snow, makes our feet and fingers glow. What better way of explaining what 'fingers glow' means, they experienced it.

The snow has disappeared now, but the forecast says more overnight - I HOPE SO !!!

Sue J