Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Was It Just Me?

Rea

Did anyone else have that heart stopping moment this morning when the FS was unavailable? :o

Glad it's back :D Although being off gave me thew opportunity to sort out the socks, how many shades of black are there? xD

Hi Rea -

Not just you (and believe me, it stops my heart more violently than it stops anyone elses. xD )

When you say 'this morning' how long were you experiencing the problem for? I was only aware of about fifteen minutes this afternoon.

I'm 'discussing' with my webhost why it happened as we speak. Currently, they're telling me they weren't aware of any problems. Fortunately I'd copied a number of error messages before we came back online.

They shouldn't do things like that to us at our age! :o

Definitly longer than 15 mins, started about 11? I even managed a game of lemmings and sorted out my email boxes, read and deleted almost a 100! And I've cooked tonights tea and sorted the socks :o

Glad you're back xD

Crikey - I didn't realise I'd been offline for that long! Well, just for your delectation, here's the official explanation as to why we were offline:

The eximstats smtp table was corrupt which caused mysql to kill the thread, in turn this caused you to be unable to access the database temporarily and the service was then restarted(by the previous shift or the automated monitor) which is why you were then able to access it again.

I hope that's clear to everyone? :o

Apologies to everyone for the inconvenience - I'll try to kick the server more promptly if it happens again!

Agree with you both it was horrible! Am at work supposed to be doing some work scrutiny but the lure of the FS was too much - perhaps the blip was my fault - punishment for not doing the work I should have been doing! :o

Liz x

Certainly glad is is well now :D

Liz, I think my staff would sack me if I had access to FSF at work ( even though I am the boss :( )

Steve, I am sure you understood every word of the explanation :o

and as for black socks, hubby deals with those but they are the least of his laundry problems since having two teenage boys for the last 6 days the washing macine has been non stop ( apparently). xD

Peggy

The eximstats smtp table was corrupt which caused mysql to kill the thread, in turn this caused you to be unable to access the database temporarily and the service was then restarted(by the previous shift or the automated monitor) which is why you were then able to access it again.

I thought it would be that :D

Guest MaryEMac

Tuesday was my day off so as soon as I had done the required housework, I headed to the computer to browse the forum. Oh no couldn't access it, I'll try later, still no luck. Oh well I'll try after work weds. No way, hubby got there first and hogged said computer till very late, (if only I hadn't done the ironing :o ). Glad it's back. I had to check some data for the census this afternoon and was worried that hubby might get home early and grab the computer but he's not made it home yet.

I'm pleased that someone knew what the explaination meant, Rea

:D

Mary