Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Afternoon Snack

Ours eat tea at 3.30 - 4pm. This is normally beans on toast, scrambled egg, crumpets, crudites and dips, sandwiches, homemade breaded chicken strips amongst other things. Some of our children are there till 6pm but all parents do provide an evening meal at home.

Lucy P - that is the thing that is concerning me. We provide much the same as you, but as it is early I am worried that some parents may see this as a substitute for an evening meal?

HI Shelley

We do snack at 3:30, and have sandwiches and fruit,

soup and rolls,

teacakes,

pitta bread and tuna and fruit etc....

all is just a snack, ie they only get a tiny bit!

All parents are reminded it is only a snack and therefore there child will require tea when they get home.... to my knowledge all parents do provide tea when they get home

Dawn

My present nursery have a snack of fruit/yoghurt/bread and butter/crackers/cheese (combination of all of it) with juice at 2pm and then at 3.45 they have tea of crumpets and beans, sandwiches, veggie nuggets/fish fingers/sausages, waffles, soup, corned beef hash and then pudding yoghurt, fruit, cake, buscuits, jelly, ice cream. They eat really well and so do staff. :D

Is there anyone that operates more-or-less within school hours who offers an afternoon snack? Say 9a.m. to 3 p.m.? We find the timing of afternoon snack quite difficult. We usually do it just before 2.30 p.m.

Guest DeborahF

We provided snack at about 2.15pm, otherwise some of the children were sometimes still eating when their parents came to fetch them at 3.00pm!

Hi,

We are open 9.30-3pm and provide snack at 10 and 2.15 and have lunch at 11.45-12.30 (lunch is a packed lunch provided by parents). We offer crackers/cheese and fruit, pitta/fruit, toast/fruit with juice/milk/water.

Net xx

Guest sandcastles

we have rolling snack am and pm and provide tea at 4.30 offering things like soup, pitta bread, crumpets, tortilla wraps, pizza and so on.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)