Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Policy Agreement

Can anyone tell me what thet do about sharing policies with parents? Do they have to sign- say on the enrolement from- that they agree to follow the policies implemeted by the nursery (eg not sending children in with infectious illness etc)

Have a parental agreement which states they have all read and understand and will follow the policies and agreements of the setting. it does includes a few policies in shortened form with a statement where the full ones can be found ( sorry cannot spell precie or pracy or preycie. Spell block!!! or is it too much red!!! :o )

Inge

Guest DeborahF

Yes, we had a statement on the child's enrolment form, signed by the parent, to say that they agreed to abide by the policies and procedures of the nursery. I also gave them an A5 copy of all the policies when their child started - a lot of priniting involved but I felt that it was worth it!

Our parents sign the enrolment form to agree that they have received a 'parents handbook' and that they will abide by al the policies and procedures it contains.

The handbook is an A4 brochure containing approx 30 pages, loads of photocopying but we have always found this to be essential.

Guest cathy m

my parents are given an information pack (about 30 pages) all policies are included and a sheet listing them with a reuirement for them to sign saying they have read and understood them

Cathy

• 1 month later...

:):):):):):):):):)

must thank all you clever people out there you have all helped me loads

thanks

really good idea to give parents a handbook

i would really appricate it if you could me what kind of things apart from polices are featured in the handbook

thanks in advance

ashley x :)

There are loads of things that you can put in the handbook, and it does depend on your practice. We give the parents a little hand book, as well as the full policy doc. In the hand book we talk about the structure of the sessions, time of sessions. We also talk about what sort of things to wear, ie not lovely new dresses. If to bring wellingtons / indoor shoes in. Pick up routine, ie where the children's work will be stored. .... Oh I could go on for ages, but I expect that you have go the ida now. Just imagine that you are a band new Mum/Dad, who knows nothing, then just tell them what they need to know.

My parents are informed in our terms and conditions that by the fact that their child is attending they are automatically agreeing to abide by our policies and procedures, this reduces the need for yet another signature.

My policies are produced in 3 fold leaflet form which shows aim, practice and how it is reviewed, there is a tear off slip for parents to make and communicate any comments, complaints, ideas about each policy that they wish to bring to my attention ( however, never received a comment in 6 yrs) Ofsted liked this idea because it showed 'partnership with parents'. :D

Peggy