Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Ou Foundation Degree

i am starting the ou foundation degree: children in the early years and children's learning in the early years in feb 07 and am just wondering if anyone is also doing this and how they are finding it. I work full time and would like to know how you fit it all in?

Hi there , I have just completed a 2 year foundation degree in early childhood studies at my local uni and I am currently in the third year of my BA. I also work part time and I am a mother of 2 young children. I am not quite sure how I have managed to juggle everything but I have. I suppose you do because you have to. I will admit that it has been a struggle and my housework has been neglected quite a bit. I think you just have to realise that you cannot do everything and that something has to give. Oh, and you need to be good at delegation!

Hi Claresy and welcome to the forum :D

Good luck with the BA - I know how hard it is to study and be a mummy at the same time! Luckily that was a few years ago now! My housework is still neglected, though :-)

Edited by Guest

Guest cathy m

I'm studying the final course with the OU. I work full time, assess part time , ocassional evening teaching and manage to fit it all in.

You'll be fine , keep motivated, you'll find a way

Cathy

Hi,

I have recently finished my first year with the OU E123/E124 and have just recieved results, I passed Yayyyyy.

If i can do it (single mum of four, work full time) then anyone can. Its just a case of remaining motivated and being organised.

Goodluck and best wishes to you

Claire x

Hi Cat2 and skippy - I'm starting E123 and E124 in February - I like skippy's idea of keeping in touch for support etc :o I can see myself going quite looping by mid Feb - I work full time too and have three demanding but lovable daughters. 2007 is going to be one heck of a roller coaster!

Hi, juggling the FD in early years, five children, three horses and supervise at local nursery. The forum is a wonderful support and I thought I wouldn't have time for it once I started the degree but have found that I can't survive without it, so welcome and make yourself at home for the next few years.

i am starting the ou foundation degree: children in the early years and children's learning in the early years in feb 07 also i had fantastic support from the NVQ forum while i was doing that. so i think everyone will be very helpful. we can do this together. merry christmas to everyone ellen.

Hi everyone

Am doing E123 in Feb O7, the time has just flown by since I decided to do it. Received a package yesterday from the OU, presumably course materials - don't think I'll open it until after Christmas, got lots to do having just finished tiling the kitchen with my husband (using tiles not husband)!

Look forward to supporting each other on the forum.

Hi

I am half way through my final year with the OU i work full time and want pretend at times I have screamed especially when an assignment is due but I have honestly found this to be a fantastic route and the courses are really interesting. Good Luck

it would be great to keep in touch and chat about any queries etcc..

i have now received both packages !!!!!!!!!!!

oh my god!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it's getting closer

Hi

I am also starting both E123 and E124 in Feb 07. good luck to everyone,

i have 2 children work part time in nursery and parttime assessing.

Just had a look at first assignment and it looks ok!

Lyn

Hi cat2 and everyone else. I too am starting E123 in Feb 07. So look forward to 'chatting' about it. :)

Haven't received any course materials yet as I only just registered before Christmas.

Ann

some of my staff tried to enrol for start this Feb and where to late apparently registrations are now closed but you could always try

I am on my final stretch doing E215 this year finish in May then on to the EYPS

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)