Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

All Over And Time To Enjoy Christmas

They arrived yesterday disturbing my late morning lie in with the phonecall at 8.30 to say they had arrived. She was a really nice inspector with a great sense of humour. Human after all. :o

Caught her in the toddler room with carrying 1 of the children and dancing with her to the wiggles on CD.

Ended up with an overall good so that was great beating our satisfactory from last time. No action to be taken just couple of recommendations. The children were superstars while they were in too. And obviously the staff. xD

So glad it is over though after 2 days. Atleast we can all relax and enjoy preparing for christmas and relax during our christmas break.

Edited by Guest

Thanks everyone. She's lucky she didn't get covered in paint too. The pre schoolers decided to paint me..... literally! She came over to watch and oh how tempting it was to say 'Is it now Jackie's turn?' to the children! Kicking myself a bit over the planning though. She was really pleased with what we were doing in all the rooms but I realise now I missed out a section on the short term plans for differentiation. This is all taken into account though in their individual obs books. I thought about putting in on but not enough space on the daily sheets without going onto 2 pages per day. She told me to imagine a circle that wasn't quite linked up at the top. That was the missing link. She gave some great advice though. I found out afterwards that if the missing link wasn't missing we would have got an outstanding on the planning :o

Had a lovely day today. Everyone was relaxed and we got out the decorations. We were thinking about doing that the day they arrived. The children all had great fun helping put things up. We have decided to have a party for the children next Wed to say thanks to them and congratulate them. After all they were superstars most of the 2 days :D. she asked them loads of questions and they done me proud!

Anyway thanks again for all your lovely comments. Oh and an after thought.. She told us that they never inspect in the last 2 weeks before christmas so we just got in.

:D:D Happy Christmas

Edited by Guest

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks everyone. Our report has now been published and I reckon it puts us in a good light. Not had the printed copy yet though. Must have got delayed in the christmas post. We reopen o the 2nd so should be there then. The only annoying thing is the mention that we should have messy and art equipment out all the time. We do actually but someone must have taken the stuff off to clean it during the inspection so therefore it wasn't out all the time. xD:o

Anyway good luck to all of you awaiting theres and hope it all goes well.

:D:D

Edited by Guest