Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Zoo Lab

Has anyone used this company. Apparantly they visit with small animals. Cost seems reasonable as well.I like the idea of an activity coming to us instead of arranging a trip out. I am trying to do think of some unusual cheap activities for 2007. We are situated in a small town center so regularly visit shops, post office and library.

WE had them in at our school (Primary Special Needs school) last year. I organised the visit and they managed to see every kid in school. The girl that we had (can't remember her name) was fantastic with the kids and asked each teacher how to approach each kid i.e. side peferences, any problems etc (obvious that our kids have a HUGE range of physical and developmental problems). She brought an interesting selection that the kids could touch. She brough if I remember: a corn snake, a rabbit, a giant snail and about 4 or 5 other animals. Only 1 they couldn't touch- a spider.

I'd say they were worth a visit.

Last year somewhen, I asked on the forum if anyone had experienced Lab Zoo and I got some good responses so I sent for the details. It looks really good, I think I might book them for next year somewhen.

On the leaflet there are nine roadshows listed. Has anyone had "Springtime" - what animals do they have for that?

Sue J

hi we have had a navity theme last year about different animals living in the climate in the time of jesus birth it's nice and our nursery children loved it.

we have had them many times now

Thanks for the replys. I value your opinions so much. I made the mistake of booking a travelling pantomine a few years ago. It cost about £200 and it was not geared to young children. I have also booked entertainers in the past whose jokes were inappropriate for young children( in my opinion)

They don't do all areas though, not in south west..... used Bristol Zoo, they came and did a story about a flying carpet and children loved it, only a few animals no snakes but hey all enjoyed 'shaking hands ' with the spider!! (Also in south west - don't Bother Secret World down here, they think 3 and 4 year olds are not suitable for their animals!!)

(we have entertainer every year, luckily ex Dad who pitches at each audience differently and gives us an excellent deal!!)

Inge

Hi

We used them in our last setting - £80 for about an hr and half, just general visit. She bought along rats, snakes, giant snails, cochroaches etc and was fantastic. The lady doing the visit was aware not to have them sitting for to long so she would show a creature talk briefly about it, let the kids hold and feel it then they moved around the hall like that creature. All the kids joined in and talked about it for weeks! :) Highly recommend them.

Edited by Guest

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone, I hope you don't mind me commenting in this topic.

I run a business called The Wild Roadshow, I specilaise in educational animal handling workshops for children ages 2-16, in Manchester and the North West. I provide a similar service to Zoolab (I am infact an ex employee of theirs) at very competitive prices.

Please feel free to take a look at my website www.thewildroadshow.co.uk

Andrea

Sonja, Have you tried contacting Zoolab? I am not 100% sure, but they may have a ranger in your area.

If that fails, check your local yellow pages or do a search on the internet.

Hi

Last year I contacted Zoo Lab and I have a poster on my notice board at home. The phone number for East and South East England is 0845 330 6323 - Midlands and North West England is 0845 330 6324 and for Scotland and Northern England it's 0845 330 6322. Hope this helps.

Sue J

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)