Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Who Can Claim?

Rea

The proposed nursery at our local primary already runb a nursery out of another primary. i've just seen the prospectus in which they say 'the grant is only available if you dont attend another setting' (not word perfect).

Is this legal, I thought that so long as only 5 sessions were being claimed it was up to the parent where the child went i.e. 2 here, 3 there.

Well, what you say is perfectly correct, but don't forget that if a maintained setting is involved, even for only part of the week, then they get the lot!! At least, here they do!

Fair -?? No, but, where does anything say life is??

Sorry, becoming bitter and twisted?? Please correct me if I'm wrong!!

Same here Sue! All the funding goes to the LEA nursery and can't be used anywhere else and they have to have 5 sessions. But parents can split the money between settings if they are private and voluntary. And we only get the sessions they attend.

Linda

I would echo those feelings of frustration and annoyance but its the same in my area LEA get to lot and parents loose their right to choose

:o

but life is too short to waste valuable time thinking about how unfair it is xD

Rea will this nursery opening affect your provision?

Thank you ladies :D

Alison, very probably but their fee's could be the undoing of them, we wait and see. I know life's too short but in this instance I am going to male sure things are fair. :o Bullies :(

It isnt an LEA nursery, the head wanted one but the LEA turned him down and not just once. It is a private provider operating from a room in the school, a room which in February he gave to playgroup one day a week so they could offer 5 morning sessions.

Sue, bitter and twisted? Hell yeah! xD

If it is the NEG funding they are referring to, it can be split between providers. We run a wraparound nursery in our school, and for the LEA funded children the school get the whole funding, but for the NEG we have to state how many sessions we are claiming for.

We're the same as Linda. Split if its private and voluntary providers. Can't be split if LEA maintained. If it is a private provider on school property then it will be able to split, as the money will come as a NEG grant to the provider not the school.

same here,

Lea provider gets it all,

but for NEG and private provider on school grounds it gets split,

strikes me they want children to attend 5 sessions with them and not let them know there is an alternative, perhaps to ensure they are profitable?

Inge

Rea, you say 'proposed' nursery, is it not open yet?

Why not give your local grant administrators a call and ask whether they can use this statement as, I would presume, part of their admissions policy.

The legalities would come from the code of practice, ( which in my area, Kent, is currently suspended) so maybe even a call to DFES could confirm the legalities of such a statement.

I'd be interested to hear what they say.

Peggy

I've had an email back from the citys early years DW. She says that the information I have regarding the grant must be old because the NEG can be split between providers. It looked pretty new to me considering it was in a prospectus for a nursery which only opened in September 2005.

Skullduggery is at hand. :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)