Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Double Good News

Thanks for all your messages, the 'reality' hasn't sunk in yet :o , plus there is a lot to do with regards to transitions so the next few months will certainly be interesting. xD

I'm trying to envisage what it will be like for the 4 children when they are told they will be coming to yet another new family, leaving Foster carers they have been with for 2 years. I would think they have a lot of questions that they don't even know they have yet, if you know what I mean.

Hubby's already planning to take them fishing, show them the family tradition of Koi catching :( and Kymberley, yes the youngest will be coming to preschool with me, which will be lovely as I think if she went anywhere else I feel I'd miss her already :)

My imagination is working overtime thinking about what it will be like, and all my thoughts are of busyness, fun, tiredness, little social life ( as I now know it) lots of new social life with the children, I could go on........

Thanks again for all your positive comments I shall definately keep you informed on how it all goes.

Good news is so much more fun when I can share it with all my 'virtual' FSF friends. :D

Peggy

Absolutely wonderful news! Obviously great that your pc is well again and even better that you can share such superb news about the children with us!

I have so much admiration for foster parents, my aunt and uncle fostered for about 15 years when they were first married 40 years ago. They are still in touch with about two thirds of the children they fostered who were always an extension of our family.

What a wonderful Christmas present.

Fluff x

• 2 weeks later...

just a quick update: found out today that.........

Date confirmed our new family of four will arrive on 20th December. YIPPEE.

WHAT A FANTASTIC CHRISTMAS WE WILL HAVE. :D:D:D:D:oxD:(

peggy

Oh Peggy what can I say except how wonderful you and your hubby are. What an amazing Christmas present for all of you. I'm sure there will be lots of adjustments to make for everyone, but a Xmas celebration must be a very good start.

I'm sure everyone on here would like you to know that if there was anything we could do to support you and your new family then we would do it.

Fantastic news Peggy.

You must be so excited Peggy, it's lovely news. :D:D

Do you get to meet the children before the 20th. Are they told about you, your family, where you live? It must be very daunting for them, lucky for them they are going to you, the most level headed and sensible person I think I know, unless you put trampolines and snow together!

Christmas is going to be a proper one again with small children. :D

Where have I been to have missed this brilliant news?! Congratulations Peggy and I'm sure it will be a fab Christmas!!

Edited by Clare

How wonderful Peggy.

My brother and sister in law have fostered 2 little girls and they will be with them until adulthood. They unfortunately were unable to have children of their own but had so much love to give. They have now been with them 3yrs and are finding it the most rewarding, challenging, fun, emotional and tiring journey.

I always wanted to become a foster parent but my husband never shared the same view.

Also good news about pc.

I am so happy for you.

:D:D:):):D:D

Net xx

Clare, Hali , sqpeg, net & JacquiL Thank you for your kind words. :D and jaquiL don't you fear I am sure I will have lots of questions in the future that you lovely lot can support me with. I will ask them through the 'parent' section of the forum. :wacko:

Rea hmmm the trampoline is down at the moment, but should be back up before the snow arrives. I couldn't use it because of leakage problems, :(:( apparently not due to weak pelvic floor muscles, xD in fact I'm due in to hospital on the 13th december for a little operation to sort it out, for once they got me an appointment with good timing, get sorted before the children arrive, 2 days before end of term though :( . I've bought my christmas party forward to the monday 11th will have to take the last 2 days of term off work. I told hubby i was going to get a wheelchair so that I could go in and not damage any muscles but he won't have it, he says I have to stop and rest after the op. We will see, he's used to compromising with me when it comes to work matters, I might sleep the Thursday but get into work for the last day. xD

I am making a picture book for the children to see, local beach, family BBQ's, etc. They have already seen a 'Family book' which we had to make when we first became Foster carers. I am also going to send them a personal letter each asking for their chistmas wish list, just to get an idea of what they would like.

There will be a few visits. We should have a planning meeting very soon to arrange these. The eldest boy ( 12 yrs) is most anxcious about the move, he has also spent a few years 'looking after' his brothers and sister, so worries on their behalf too. We have suggested that he comes and stays on his own overnight, so he can suss us out, so to speak, and get to know us on a 1-1 basis. This will hopefully allay some of his fears. If he is feeling less anxious then this will also help his siblings with the transition.

I've just remembered, last night I thought, I know I'll start a blog about my experience as a foster parent ( or is it carer) see worrying already about using the right terminology :o Certainly feel a bit less experienced than in my role as a preschool owner. excited though :)

Thank you all for your congratulations, and being interested in my non preschool life. :D:D

Peggy