Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

My Cat Died Today!

Hi.

My cat died today and I am one thousand miles away.

People who don't own cats don't understand how upset cat owners can be!

My husband rang me from England to tell me - he is coming out for half term but thought I would want to know today but now I am alone in my flat, rather upset and tearful.

My cat, Milo was only three years old. Apparently he had a maggot infection!!! He had two operations and then vet said they could not do any more. He was put down this morning - my husband was with him when it happened.

Thankfully my husband didn't ring until 5pm (my local time) and I had just finished my second evening of parent meetings!

(To top it all off it has just started raining - rain stopped now - only lasted five minutes but had to run down onto school playground and find the school rabbit and shoo it back into its hutch - got completely soaked, eventhough I was wearing my waterproof jacket).

post-1338-1161018494_thumb.jpg

Just wanted to add one more photo. The last photo my husband sent me, taken a few weeks ago. I can't believe its real and I think I will feel upset and cry all over again when I get home at Christmas!!

post-1338-1161018988_thumb.jpg

Im so sorry about your cat.I had my cat 16 years and I came home from school one night to find her lying on the bedroom floor gasping for breath I took her to the vets and he said it was leukemia and she was put to sleep .I cried buckets and for months after I was imagining her in the house.It took me ages to get over .Have a hug from me too .

Crestacat x

Oh Louise, big hugs from me too! He looks like a lovely cat and I am sure you will have some happy memories. Many years ago, I lost 2 young cats within months of one another, its not any easier when they are old either so hope you will feel better soon.

Guest MaryEMac

So sorry to hear that Louise. I know how you are feeling because several years ago our 1yr old kitten was hit by a car just by our house, and the children found him when they came home from school. We live by a busy road and decided not to have anymore cats but I still miss him. :oxD

Have a virtual hug from me.

Mary

Thank you all for your kind words.

Going to be in bits tomorrow when I meet my husband off the plane. (Half-term starts tomorrow).

I went out with friends last night to watch the men play water rugby at our embassy club - only place to buy alcohol and got through two bottles of sparkling wine with my friend!!!! Luckily, didn't feel hungover for school and she works part-time so wasn't in school today!

But appreciated the night out and the wine!

Thanks again for all the virtual hugs.