Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Rolling Snack

Guest sandcastles

Welcome to the Forum Bev - love your username!

This was quite an old thread but I'm sure someone will have the answer to your question! Glad you're finding the Forum useful already... :o

Maz

Hi

Found your article interesting .We are currently changing to a rolling snack system but are worried that the children will not be able to wash their hands.I see that you use hand cleaner ..is it ok with Ofsted?which do you use?just the stuff you buy at the supermarkrt? would be interested to know. regards Bev Brookes

Hi Bev and welcome to the forum. :o Is your problem with handwashing the location of the sinks or just a general feeling that children will not be able to do a good enough job if left to their own devices? xD

Hi All We want to know is if using antibacterial wipes or lotions is ok to do ?? We do not have a sink in the room and have to take groups out to the toilet .If we start using a rolling snack scheme it would be v difficult. One member of staff would have to keep going out to the toilet to wash hands. I read on the forum that some settings use antibacterial wipes /lotions. Would Ofsted be ok with this ??Any ideasv gratefully received.Thanks Bev

we started off with wipes and Ofsted were happy with that when they inspected.

we switched to the sanitizer gel and noted that there seem to be less bugs going around this term a little goes a long way so it works out considerably cheaper than wet wipes.

We look at the children's hands and if they have paint/glue etc on them we get them to wash them in the bowls of water that we have in the room. These are regularly changed throughout the session. Then we use the gel lotion before they sit down for snack. Ofsted did not say anything about it. However, if hands are really dirty e.g. if we have been playing with mud then we would get the children to wash their hands in the sinks in the toilets.

If you introduce rolling snack would recommend putting together a guide for parents stating the benefits to all children and how it promotes inclusive practice. I didn't at first but happened to send out a parent questionnaire out at the same time and it was the only thing that the parent's brought up.

Good luck.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)